SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-10-04, 08:57 AM   #1
wolverine04uk

Default Mad cagers

Hi all,
I don't post very often, but I had to rant about some old codgers on my way home from work last night. Rush hour on the M60-M56 section, for those that don't know it, its a dual lane extension of the M60 which goes for a couple of miles to the M56 at the airport. Anyway I'm filtering through some heavy traffic when I come across this clapped out old car which is straddling both lanes, literally driving in the middle of the road, and swaying from left to right . Needless to say all the cars behind are waiting for this guy to decide where he's going, and I pull into the left hand lane, looking to see who's in the car, and its this couple aged prob. in their 50's. He then strays into the right hand lane as he's going marginally faster than a car that was ahead of me in the left lane, so right, thinks I, he's in the right hand lane I can go through. Nope . As I pull alongside filtering again, his bonnet comes swinging back towards me, and me being as close as I want to be to the left decide the only way now is to give it a bit, at which point this jokers mirror comes crashing into my bars, then elbow, then my wife's knee (who was pillion). Get through and I think flippin' eck, but then carry on filtering through. Couple of minutes later I see full beams flashing from way back from this guy as he swings into the left lane as I pull off the motorway on the slip road. At the red lights I stop and can hear someone shouting from behind and think, great he wants to argue. As I make my way home then, this daft geezer's chasing me as much as he can (again through heavy traffic) shouting and swearing his head off. I think to myself that I don't want to argue with him, don't want to get into any fisticuffs (which he was liable to do given his temperament) so I set down some back lanes to lose him, which I did, despite being chased by this guy. My wife had a look at this guys mirror when he pulled in near at one roundabout and says the mirror wasn't even broken.

Anyway , rant over.
Old 12-10-04, 09:14 AM   #2
DeeJay

What a complete tosser that guy must be!!! I hate people like that!!!!
Old 12-10-04, 09:15 AM   #3
Flamin_Squirrel

Was he drunk?!
Old 12-10-04, 09:21 AM   #4
wolverine04uk

Could've been drunk, but when I got home I think its possible he may have seen me coming from way back and was trying to block my way as much as he could. Daft git. I wish I had broken his mirror.
Old 12-10-04, 09:38 AM   #5
Sudoxe

Had some guy hit my bike this morning.

Filtering, i had no where to go when the lights changed apart from to move in otherwise id be hit by the other traffic. The guy who im beside, has seen me looked at me. And decides to move foward the 1/2meter to get no where. Heavy traffi cand smacks the back of my bike. Lucky no damage and stayed upright.

Hes lucky i kept cool i would of gotten out and written him off let alone his car.

Old 12-10-04, 10:20 AM   #6
HKP

What is with cagers. Its just jealousy I think. Coz they cant filter they think we shouldnt either.
I filtered passed about a dozen cars waiting at a junction and stopped 2 cars from the front (not wishing to push my way into a dangerous position) in a safe gap between two cars. The car behind me (women driver 3 kids in the estate car, 'school run') starting beeping me like crazy and jesticulating out the window. Wasnt getting involved, pulled away and she pulled away behind me. God, what was that all about. Surely it wasnt the fact that I was now in front and held her up for about 5 seconds.
I know lots of bad words. But the worst word in the dictionary is 'jealousy'.
Old 12-10-04, 10:29 AM   #7
wolverine04uk

Easy to see red when they hit you ain't it. Its that extra half meter you know, makes all the difference to their lives.

HKP, think you're right. Wouldn't mind if they didn't start trying to wipe us over the road. I've talked to people who thought that filtering was illegal and dangerous, and when I pointed out that it's perfectly legal, they say "well it shouldn't be". Just cos they lack the imagination to get out of their box.
Old 12-10-04, 10:41 AM   #8
Wiltshire7

i think alot of the problem is people trying to get ahead cos they r running late for work, school etc. people would rather have the stress of a 30 min drive taking constant risks to make up 2 mins rather than just get up 5 mins earlier.

i just have a very low opinion of people in general though, not just car drivers. lol.
Old 12-10-04, 10:50 AM   #9
ArtyLady

did you get the a*****es reg no. he needs reporting for dangerous and agressive driving

They just dont get it do they - that we are legally entitled to filter - they are just jealous to the extent that they think its ok to wipe us out

I luv it when I get to the front of the queue
Old 12-10-04, 10:53 AM   #10
HKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine04uk
I've talked to people who thought that filtering was illegal and dangerous, and when I pointed out that it's perfectly legal, they say "well it shouldn't be".
I have come across exactly the same from people I have spoken to. The reason often given is that it could cause an accident becase the cager isnt aware that someone on a bike would be filtering. Doh! I the point out that their arguement is based on the fact they they are unaware of what is going on around their cage. Case closed? No. They continue to argue and wont conceed they are the problem not the bikers.
*Has to walk away in the end*