SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-05-09, 02:51 PM   #1
stewie

Default Paypal phising email

Just to let you know that I received a phising email from someone purporting to be paypal this morning, basically asking me to update my accounts within 24hrs or they will invalidate my account, the spelling and grammar where appalling, even worse than mine I was going to cut and paste it into here as a warning but there was a link on it and I didnt want to spread anything onto here or via the forum, just be careful.

Last edited by stewie; 11-05-09 at 02:55 PM. Reason: See, I said my grammar was appalling
Old 11-05-09, 02:57 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Paypal phising email

Thanks for the warning, i only just recenlty got a paypal account set up so its handy to know if i get the same.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 03:02 PM   #3
stewie

Actually just got an email back from paypal, I forwarded the email onto them, it was defo a phishing email, the spelling and grammar where the giveaway, you cant be too careful
Old 11-05-09, 03:03 PM   #4
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Actually just got an email back from paypal, I forwarded the email onto them, it was defo a phishing email, the spelling and grammar where the giveaway, you cant be too careful
Yes, but have you seen the way americans spell???
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 03:25 PM   #5
Jamiebridges123

Copy paste it just remove the link
Old 11-05-09, 03:38 PM   #6
stewie

tried, wouldn't it have it, deleted it now
Old 11-05-09, 03:43 PM   #7
Bluepete
Mega Poster

My Ebay account was hi-jacked over the weekend. The interloper signed up for all sorts of business things costing mucho money, then put up some listings. However, Ebay spotted it and cancelled it all! I've reset my passwords and all is good.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 07:08 AM   #8
Geoffrey

i get a few of these, also some from hsbc and tsb which is interesting as i have never had an account with them yet they require me to update my account details.
Old 12-05-09, 07:09 AM   #9
Speedy Claire

I`m getting them all the time Stewie... is pishing me off!
Old 12-05-09, 10:22 AM   #10
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Just to let you know that I received a phising email from someone purporting to be paypal this morning, basically asking me to update my accounts within 24hrs or they will invalidate my account, the spelling and grammar where appalling, even worse than mine I was going to cut and paste it into here as a warning but there was a link on it and I didnt want to spread anything onto here or via the forum, just be careful.
go onto the paypal site and send it to the fraud e-mail on the ste, it ill then stop anyone else from recieving it.