SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 20-05-10, 09:35 PM   #1
leebex

Default Chappel to tiptree

wow what a superb route!! followed a mate who knows the roads from Chappel, just by the viaduct, through the Teys, coggeshall and onto kelvedon.

Another couple of goes on that route and I`ll get to know the roads better.

warm dry roads, plenty of chances for knee down.

seems to be some fantastic roads round colchester way!!
Old 20-05-10, 09:40 PM   #2
bathwiggle

Default Re: Chappel to tiptree

Can you give me some other suggestions please if you've got any?

As i'm now getting fed up of just biking down the A12 to my parents and back again
Old 21-05-10, 08:03 PM   #3
leebex

depends where your going, im assuming down the A12 seeing as your in colchester as well.

Colchester to Maldon is a superb road, although it doesnt really mirror the A12 as it snakes away from it, you could always head to braintree on the A120, then head to witham, then along side the a12 to boreham, not too sure where youd need to go after that.

hope that helps a little.
Old 21-05-10, 09:44 PM   #4
bathwiggle

Well it doesn't have to be down the A12, i'm trying to spread the directions that i go, but i'll have a look at heading towards the A120.
Old 23-05-10, 08:50 PM   #5
leebex

just tried another little detour this evening, off the A12 at marks tey, head to aldham and carry onto the colchester to halstead road, then back into stanway. never been down the aldham road before, very nice road, although the surface is a little poor in places.
Old 24-05-10, 07:41 AM   #6
Foey

You should try the back roads from Colchester toward Sudbury, then on to Hadleigh, from there through to Ipswich, then the back way from Ipswich through Manningtree back to Colchester, or if you want to extend the ride a bit more, turn left at the roundabout just of the A14 once you hit Ipswich & head out under the orwell bridge to Shotley for a nice spot of lunch at the Bristol Arms then back to Ipswich - Manningtree - Colchester or veer of just before getting back into Ipswich & going the back way through Holbrook - Manningtree - Colchester.
Old 24-05-10, 09:04 AM   #7
bathwiggle

I'll have a look. Especially as my exams are nearly done, then i'll have loads of time to play on the bike. Thankyou