SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-11-08, 03:30 AM   #1
alan pasfield

Thumbs up just a junior

hey guys and gals i do apollgise for not being up to speed on these damm putters but bear with me im a junior member and that says it all better suited to the bike but the scottish weather just anit playing it at mo belive me im getting there and learning new tricks everyday on these putters thanks to help help of my 2 wonderfull girls wasnt till a month ago i never new how to switch one on let alone off but things are improving as you may see and thanks for all the wonderfull stuff on here its helped me loads and i will keep tuning in as they say im finding my way round the site now and feeling good about myself as one does the wife sits there and laughs like mad cause i cant use these putters but when i offered her a solo shot on the sv the shoe was on the other foot as she just didnt have a clue how to pull away as the stand was down what a laugh so now she doesnt take the mik so much its great to get some revenge but if anyone wants to have the crack the door is allways open would just like to ask how to take the carbs out with breaking anything my mate took them out the other week and he never showed me but is on his hols just now but i would like to learn myself anyone stay in livingston if so pm me and we could get together thanks
Old 07-11-08, 04:26 AM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: just a junior

do you mean you would like to put the carbs back in your bike after your mate has taken them out?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-08, 06:41 AM   #3
Kilted Ginger

don't know if you said hello elsewhere and I missed it but welcome to the madhouse, ice cream run soon.
Old 07-11-08, 09:43 AM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
don't know if you said hello elsewhere and I missed it but welcome to the madhouse, ice cream run soon.
He can't go until his carbs are back in the bike KG!

Croeso i'r safle, butt! Gobeithio bod rhywyn yn eich helpu chi!

Welcome to the site mate, I hope someone will be able to help you. Re-fitting the carbs is not a massively hard job, but it's been a while since I did mine and I probably will miss a step if I try to describe how.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-08, 11:44 AM   #5
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Might find it easier to diagnose your problem if I hadn't passed out trying to read that all in one go.

Why do you need to remove the carbs?
Old 07-11-08, 12:18 PM   #6
missyburd

Phew, punctuation needed there methinks! Welcome to the site if its not been said before
Old 07-11-08, 12:59 PM   #7
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Not a full stop in sight
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 02:48 PM   #8
alan pasfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Might find it easier to diagnose your problem if I hadn't passed out trying to read that all in one go.

Why do you need to remove the carbs?
hi again think that the choke may be ticking on a wee bit and the revs are up and down like a yoyo maybe just needs a bit of a clean
Old 10-11-08, 02:55 PM   #9
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan pasfield View Post
hey guys and gals i do apollgise for not being up to speed on these damm putters but bear with me im a junior member and that says it all better suited to the bike but the scottish weather just anit playing it at mo belive me im getting there and learning new tricks everyday on these putters thanks to help help of my 2 wonderfull girls wasnt till a month ago i never new how to switch one on let alone off but things are improving as you may see and thanks for all the wonderfull stuff on here its helped me loads and i will keep tuning in as they say im finding my way round the site now and feeling good about myself as one does the wife sits there and laughs like mad cause i cant use these putters but when i offered her a solo shot on the sv the shoe was on the other foot as she just didnt have a clue how to pull away as the stand was down what a laugh so now she doesnt take the mik so much its great to get some revenge but if anyone wants to have the crack the door is allways open would just like to ask how to take the carbs out with breaking anything my mate took them out the other week and he never showed me but is on his hols just now but i would like to learn myself anyone stay in livingston if so pm me and we could get together thanks

and breeeeaaath....hi alan
Old 10-11-08, 02:58 PM   #10
alan pasfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Not a full stop in sight
thats what im saying just a beginer......