SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-01-06, 05:57 AM   #1
RenamedMonkey

Default So Your All Still In One Piece?

Hey guys and girls,

How's the pack been? Read the recent announcements and it's nice to see the forum still has that unique touch that seperates it far from any other site on the world wide web. Very heart warming.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi really! I've been gallivanting around Asia and India. In Bangkok at the moment and will be catching a flight on the 7th of Feb to our next port of call; Australia.

Missing my bike terribly, hope it's being looked after (well is it, Andy?). I've been riding a lot of mopeds over here, as it's the easiest - albeit stupidest, as the sun and humidity beats down on you all sense of safety get thrown out the window and you find yourself cruising down the road in shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops. Never even been offered a helmet - way to get around some parts (islands, for example). apart from the standard 4-geared moped (auto-clutch, not bad little things actually) we've hired choppers, scramblers and quad-bikes. Here's me in Laos on the quad:

That was a fun day. Can't find any of my other pictures of me on other bikes at the moment, but if anyone's interested, we have a website of our travels, which we try to keep updated - Travelling Each Other Mad.

Well that's about it from me. Hope your all splendid, and perhaps I'll see you all on the next annual rideout (we get back about June. Maybe), hopefully on a nice new toy.

Take good care of yourselves.
Old 28-01-06, 08:08 AM   #2
Professor

Great to hear from you, Rupert! You lucky monkey!
Old 28-01-06, 06:02 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Hey Monkey

Just had a quick look at the site there and i'm gonna have to take some time to have a read i think...looks like you guys have had an excellent adventure so far.

I'm so jealous you have no idea

Hope youve never had the need of the advice i PMd you many months back but if you have then i wanna hear all about it
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-06, 06:37 PM   #4
Jelster

Monkey !!

How you doin' mate ? I hope you have your furry friend with you !

Look after yourself.

Old 28-01-06, 10:07 PM   #5
jonboy

Glad you're still about Rupert, take care of yourself and report back again once you're in Blighty .

Old 30-01-06, 12:02 PM   #6
WildBill

I was wondering where you'd got to... and now I remember!

Good to hear you're doing OK.
Old 30-01-06, 12:50 PM   #7
Iansv

Glad your having fun, I'm very jealous
Old 01-02-06, 08:13 AM   #8
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Monkey !!

How you doin' mate ? I hope you have your furry friend with you !

Look after yourself.

Stranded The Monkey has been with us every step of the way!

Here he is trekking with camels in Jaisalmer, India...

If you look closely on the photo above you'll see...

And here he is in Bangkok:

He's got to be one of the most well travelled monkeys in the world!

Spiderman; fortunately not But I'll keep you posted

Trying to hire a big bike for tomorrow, a Honda - Jabba, you'll be pleased to here - I think. Although when I say big I mean bigger than a moped. It's hard to find anything above a 125cc here, as there's little use for one - the roads aren't great everywhere and most long journeys are done on buses, pick-ups or for the hardcores; mopeds.

Here's what we're going to do again (because Laura liked it so much. Alright, I did too) tomorrow:

Take care everyone.
Old 01-02-06, 08:53 AM   #9
rubberduckofdeath

Looks like you're having fun mate, glad you're okay
Old 01-02-06, 08:58 AM   #10
Jelster

Awww lovely pussycat....