SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-12-07, 12:22 PM   #1
Xan173

Default Fuel protests planned for Wednesday

FYI - I received this in an email today.

Quote:
Last week I was informed that a group called Transaction 2007 had plans this weekend to release a statement announcing some kind of protest action relating to the price of fuel in the UK. I have just read a statement published on their web site in which they have confirmed that they are going to organise legal protest action, and that it could begin as early as this Wednesday.

I have got more on the PetrolPrices.com blog about this:

http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/pet...nesday-86.html

We will of course be following the story as it unfolds next week to keep you informed. If you want to express your opinion about the plans you can do so on our blog, as always, by leaving your comments and voting in our polls.

Regards,
Brendan

Brendan McLoughlin
Co-Founder
PetrolPrices.com
Old 10-12-07, 12:26 PM   #2
Xan173

Default Re: Fuel protests planned for Wednesday

Apparently now Sat 15th Dec.
Old 10-12-07, 04:41 PM   #3
kwak zzr

bout time really.
Old 10-12-07, 06:35 PM   #4
glade

Its interesting the debate about fuel costs... On the face of it i support the protesters because i have to pay for fuel... but i don't want the problem of not being able to get to work if there is no petrol, or because protesters have made a rolling roadblock on the M25.

The goverment of the day needs XXX to run a country, and will take the money one way or the other. As an honest citizen I get stung for council tax, road tax, income tax, fuel tax etc etc.

I see these taxes going into a large pot and getting re-distributed to the lazy, wasted on burocracy and civil servant's expense claims... meanwhile the things that matter to me, education, roads etc are apparently going down the pan. At least the scroungers can't get out of paying fuel tax.

It would be a far better use of time to campaign for the goverment not to waste as much money, then taxes could be lower all round! That would be like trying to boil the ocean, it would be hard to achive... so for now I'm just going to vote for the party who seems to be making the most sensible policies accross the board.

Just my 2p.

ETA: I think that the goverment know the public feeling, due to petitions and pressure groups... but where are they going to get the money from instead?

Last edited by glade; 10-12-07 at 06:38 PM.
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 06:37 PM   #5
Alpinestarhero

I put the wrong fuel in my bike today

Expensive unleaded instead of normal unleaded, at a price differance of 8p / litre

Anywho, the pricing is going pretty mad...its ok if you have a bike, and dont use as much fuel, but my girlfreind is spending alot on petrol and not getting as much as she really should be

Grr

Matt