SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-06-08, 11:39 AM   #1
charlie13

Default Bonding with my bike

Hi, my name is Charlie and I'm addicted to bikes. I spent 7 very happy hours on saturday from 9am on, up to my elbows in grease and crud, doing all those things that have been put off as not essential to keep the bike running but wanted looking at. (This is on top of the countless hours that have been spent since the damaged repairable appeared on my drive over a year ago.) So after a front brake master cylinder kit, new choke cable, carb balance, oiled throttle cables and general all round fettle it now feels like a different bike. No longer the wooden/sticky feel from the front brake, heavy throttle action and poor tickover. It made me so happy when I took it out for a spin to feel the difference I'd made I had to ride into leeds on saturday nite rather than go drinking and take the train just so I could ride a few more miles. When it all goes well there's no better feeling in the world. I'm just glad I'm not alone in getting such satisfaction from tinkering with my bike, and there's plenty other grease monkeys here on the org to offer advice when things don't go so smoothly.
Old 02-06-08, 12:02 PM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bonding with my bike

Cool. Sounds like you're a handy person to know. Shame you're so far to come & spanner my bike.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 01:33 PM   #3
Alpinestarhero

I fitted new brake pads last friday. Even though they are still bedding in a bit, the extra power and feel is hugley welcomed. I've been annoyed with my brakes for a while. Braided lines still to fit - that should complete my "im gonna get decent brakes" project.

Woo to tinkering
Old 02-06-08, 04:06 PM   #4
charlie13

I'm never happier than when I've got a <insert tool of choice> in my hand and the bike in small pieces all over the drive. Apart from when it's all in one piece and carving round the corners that is. Always ready to lend a hand if someone local needs some mechanical assistance as well the list of tools is growing: carbtune, bead breaker, wheel balancer, superbike stand, etc, etc.......
Old 02-06-08, 07:02 PM   #5
Gene genie

a clean bike is a safe bike.
Old 02-06-08, 08:31 PM   #6
Paws

i think today has been one of the first days ive felt like ive bonded on the daytona-even when it threw it down and i was going down some very muddy and gravely country lanes, i never felt like i was going to come off
i ahve to admit though, i have put her back away very muddy-i'll clean her before the wekened
Old 03-06-08, 11:05 AM   #7
charlie13

I don't think mines ever particulary clean, daily use and a regular dose of Yorkshire rain put paid to that!
Old 03-06-08, 11:07 AM   #8
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

glad i'm not the only person who's just as satisfied taking the bike apart as i am riding it
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote