SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-05-11, 01:45 PM   #1
tom-k6

Default need a service centre for bikes with a courtesy bike

bikes broken and i need a service centre with courtesy bike ASAP! tried streetbike, sherwoods, sutton motorcycles, bromsgrove honda, Redline motorcycles, and all are saying i cant get in til 2 weeks away. need bike for work, does anyone have any suggestions or even a bike i could borrow for the week? i am fully comp and would clear it all with the insurance before any riding took place. in a massive pickle here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou fellow orgers
Old 14-05-11, 04:37 PM   #2
metalangel

Default Re: need a service centre for bikes with a courtesy bike

http://www.mylocalservices.co.uk/Wes..._Hire_Ltd.html

Found on Google.

Harley and BMW also do rentals but there's no Harley place nearby (nearest is Leicester), Clarks do but it's BMW bikes with the prices reflecting this.

Sorry, that's all I can find without local knowledge. Have you got a bike only licence stopping you renting a crappy car?
Old 14-05-11, 04:50 PM   #3
tom-k6

yea only bike licence, car insurance was too much when i was younger and still probably would be, otherwise i wouldve hired a car, im hoping a local small shop can fix it but ive had the FI light come on and where the temperature is had FI in there aswell, so im hoping its not too expensive =[ cheers for the help tho mate, clarks will only touch a BMW bike as will harley only touch harley bikes. crappy bike shops.
Old 14-05-11, 04:59 PM   #4
metalangel

I was thinking more of taking it somewhere else and then just renting from Clarks/Premier Bike Hire, I hate to think what servicing for a BMW bike is like.
Old 15-05-11, 06:37 AM   #5
Specialone

Tom, try sheldon motorcycles, they are a small place, bike sales, MOT, repairs etc. They may lend you one.

What's the symptoms of the bike apart from FI warning ?

Post on here if you haven't already, may be a easy fix for yourself to try.
Old 15-05-11, 02:08 PM   #6
tom-k6

tried sheldon, they dont offer any bikes while yours is in repair.

the symptoms are that it misfires badly between 3 and 5K rpm, under load that causes the engine to cut out and it takes about 10 minutes of the ignition being off before it will even entertain the idea of starting again, the FI light and FI symbol is flashing and then last thing yesterday it showed FI in the bit where the temperature is shown,

i did the TPS yesterday from that great thread on here, and dealer mode had no fault codes showing.
really annoyed me as everywhere i phoned is either full for the next few weeks or has no bikes as courtesy ones and are really far away.

sent you a PM aswell
Old 15-05-11, 04:12 PM   #7
steveinhull

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-k6 View Post
tried sheldon, they dont offer any bikes while yours is in repair.

the symptoms are that it misfires badly between 3 and 5K rpm, under load that causes the engine to cut out and it takes about 10 minutes of the ignition being off before it will even entertain the idea of starting again, the FI light and FI symbol is flashing and then last thing yesterday it showed FI in the bit where the temperature is shown,

i did the TPS yesterday from that great thread on here, and dealer mode had no fault codes showing.
really annoyed me as everywhere i phoned is either full for the next few weeks or has no bikes as courtesy ones and are really far away.

sent you a PM aswell

Sounds temperature related, Do they have a temp sender for the fuel injection system ?
Only reason i say that is that it is taking 10 mins to restart (which would allow the engine to cool).

I have minimal experience with bikes but have worked with cars in a main dealer environment for many years and am just thinking along them lines
Old 15-05-11, 05:20 PM   #8
tom-k6

the temp is fine, its running at normal temps between 84/85 to 97, and warms up gradually also,
Old 15-05-11, 06:30 PM   #9
steveinhull

What i meant is a faulty sensor, When the engine is warming up the sensor giving false readings and the bike over/under fuelling. Once it cools down again all back to normal
Old 16-05-11, 07:34 AM   #10
tom-k6

aaah thats a point, keeps the auto-fast idle on etc etc.

wish i had a bike with carbs and a choke, so much easier to deal with and take apart, adjust and reassemble.

i hate electronics.