SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-02-07, 08:07 PM   #1
Bad Intentionz

Default Single sided swingarm???

Im after a single sided swingarm for curvy SV, Preferbly a ducati. I was thinking a 748 arm from a breakers/Ebay. anyone have any info they could give me on what i would need to do for it to fit and any handling issues i may have? I was also thinking about an ohlins shock would i have any problems with this?
Old 19-02-07, 08:26 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: Single sided swingarm???

NC30 i think is what you are looking for, but a fair bit of wealding will be needed.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-07, 08:34 PM   #3
socommk23

if ya got the cash go to a company that will make a direct replacement.
Old 19-02-07, 09:02 PM   #4
Razor

Like this one?

Old 19-02-07, 09:30 PM   #5
Sideshow#36

Ah the famous SVMV650RVF400GSXRRRS And people take the mickey out of me for calling mine an SV650R LOL
Old 19-02-07, 09:40 PM   #6
Bad Intentionz

Possibly one of the most sexiest SV's ive seen. In the way of welding with an NC30 arm what would be involved and any idea on a rough cost on a conversion???
Any chance of web address's for direct replacement arms? had a look but didnt find much
Old 19-02-07, 11:05 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Spondon will make you one for £1500 I think Speedfab offered to do it for £250, that was about as good as I could find or expected to find- that was me supplying wheel, hub, swingarm, and an SV swingarm and rear wheel they could use as a model.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-07, 02:03 AM   #8
tygaboy

Hey now! Let's be accurate: That's an RC 30 (RVF750RR) swingarm and it's WAY beefier than the 400 or VFR 750 arm. Plus, that's a way old pic. Here it is in it's latest clothes. Don't know what I was thinking with that 'Banana Cream' yellow...
Old 20-02-07, 02:07 AM   #9
tygaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Intentionz View Post
Im after a single sided swingarm for curvy SV, Preferbly a ducati. I was thinking a 748 arm from a breakers/Ebay. anyone have any info they could give me on what i would need to do for it to fit and any handling issues i may have? I was also thinking about an ohlins shock would i have any problems with this?
If it were me, I'd go VFR 750. You'll have a much simpler time with the shock set up than you will with the Ducati arm. Remember, the SV wants a swing arm with a linkage under the arm - the Ducati has the link above the arm.
The other thing you'll want to do right is move the linkage pickup point on the arm to the same relative position that it is on the SV arm. This to preserve the linkage geometry.
On the RC arm, the hole for the shock also had to be moved back and to the left. Not a simple mod (22 hours of machining/welding) but very cool when done, if you like this sort of thing...which I do!
Old 20-02-07, 02:21 AM   #10
andyaikido

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygaboy View Post
Hey now! Let's be accurate: That's an RC 30 (RVF750RR) swingarm and it's WAY beefier than the 400 or VFR 750 arm. Plus, that's a way old pic. Here it is in it's latest clothes. Don't know what I was thinking with that 'Banana Cream' yellow...
Can place most of the parts but where is the top fairing from? I assume you extended it down into a bikini faring.