SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 23-04-14, 08:57 PM   #1
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Pointy Front Discs

No grooving/ridges or whatever the technical term is hehe.

Probably only find a better pair buying new. A new pair would obviously be shinier but these function wise, these are brilliant.

Anyway, enough talk £125 posted to the lucky buyer. 3% of that to the good cause in the link below
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...29#post2949929

Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us

Last edited by 21QUEST; 23-04-14 at 09:16 PM.
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-14, 12:20 AM   #2
whistler

Default Re: Pointy Front Discs

Hi

Would you be able to measure and confirm what the thickness of each disc is?

Thanks
Old 24-04-14, 05:10 AM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Hi whistler,

No point measuring them bud.

There is absolutely no discernable 'lip' on them...run you fingers from the centre to the outer edge and it feels practically one smooth motion till you drop off the edge.
That is to say "However mm thick they are meant to be new, is essentially what these would measure".

If you do have them and what I've written above does not tie in with the discs being essentilly same thickness as a brand new set after you've looked at/measured it with a micrometre(?), come back on thread and make sure everyone knows what a liar I was. I'm dead serious....

If still not convinced, I'd try and locate a set of Vernier calipers(haven't got a Micrometre) and get some numbers.
In the mean time, if someone wants to decides to have them using the available information already here, I'd let them have it though.

Best Regards
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us

Last edited by 21QUEST; 24-04-14 at 05:33 AM.
Old 25-04-14, 01:20 AM   #4
whistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21QUEST View Post
Hi whistler,

No point measuring them bud.

There is absolutely no discernable 'lip' on them...run you fingers from the centre to the outer edge and it feels practically one smooth motion till you drop off the edge.
That is to say "However mm thick they are meant to be new, is essentially what these would measure".

If you do have them and what I've written above does not tie in with the discs being essentilly same thickness as a brand new set after you've looked at/measured it with a micrometre(?), come back on thread and make sure everyone knows what a liar I was. I'm dead serious....
Hi 21quest,

Thanks for replying.
I am far from making any sort of accusation so please do not take it personal. I have noticed recently that mine front discs are showing 4.1mm in terms of thickness, which in turn means that once they're below 4mm they 'technically' should be a concern for a MOT tester. That was the reason for my question. But I gather that they are as thick as brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21QUEST View Post
If still not convinced, I'd try and locate a set of Vernier calipers(haven't got a Micrometre) and get some numbers.
No need to do that, I will let you know by the end of the week if my budget can afford yet another purchase once I have done all my calculations. In the meantime, I am prepared that they might be gone by then.

Best regards
Old 25-04-14, 01:47 PM   #5
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
Hi 21quest,

Thanks for replying.
I am far from making any sort of accusation so please do not take it personal. I have noticed recently that mine front discs are showing 4.1mm in terms of thickness, which in turn means that once they're below 4mm they 'technically' should be a concern for a MOT tester. That was the reason for my question. But I gather that they are as thick as brand new.

No need to do that, I will let you know by the end of the week if my budget can afford yet another purchase once I have done all my calculations. In the meantime, I am prepared that they might be gone by then.

Best regards
Sorry whistler, I didn't mean it to come across as you possibly making any sort of accusation. My apologies for the quite(on reading it again) sloppy post from me.
Old 15-09-14, 04:42 PM   #6
Daniel Louis

Don't suppose these are still knocking about?
Old 15-09-14, 05:47 PM   #7
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Hi DL, gone now.