SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 21-03-05, 12:10 AM   #1
Nick

Default That really wasn't clever....part 2

yeah......dont be so bloody selfesh.....think about other people for a change.......

********.....burn outs it is next week then......
Old 21-03-05, 08:35 AM   #2
jonboy

Old 21-03-05, 09:26 AM   #3
hall13uk

Old 21-03-05, 12:28 PM   #4
Magoo

STill can't stop laughing...how funny are you lot!!!!! I can't believe that you have the arrogance to think that Soho cares about your little burn out and loud can session before bed time on a friday!

Soho has been a bike meet for more years than most know and the fun doesn't start until midnight so a few burn outs at 10 is just a joke to the locals. The first time I turned up at Soho about 4 years ago there were R1's doing wheelies and stoppies up and down Frith and a guy on a Gixer doing rolling burnouts so that no one could see through the smoke. Why would any one care about a little 650 V twin hitting the rev limiter!

Come on guys, live a little!
Nothing peronsal but I do think that SV riders can get a little self righteous!
*stir* *stir*
Old 21-03-05, 02:13 PM   #5
Jelster

So you think it's OK to behave like a bunch of louts then Phil ??? I am surprised.

I agree that bikes were in Thrift St long before the SV party ever got going, but it is a privilige to have somewhere to go, and as such it can quite easily be revoked....

Old 21-03-05, 03:04 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Sorry guys...correct me if i'm wrong here but.....

The other thread about this was locked cos it was one of those cases of "everyone has a valid point/opinion....so its a circular argument that will only lead to peeps falling out"

Why we back on this again
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-05, 03:14 PM   #7
Magoo

Cos it fun!!! I think we can be credited with enough respect and nouse to have a good disagrrement without the nanny state extending to these forums!

Anyway, I was in an arguementative mood and just felt it was little but to 'old' to be thinking about backing off the throttle just yet!

In all truth, I do happen to agree with some of the points made in the previous thread, both sides of the arguement. i have been guilty in the past of being a **** in Frith Street (I am sure JonBoy will kindly remind me of a particularly ill-fated burn out that had the indian filled with tyr smoke and the manager ranting after me as I left ) but it also makes me cringe when people make to much noise for the sake of it but it will happen and part of biking to me is letting loose the rebel inside us all that is normally kept hidden in day to day life and noise and stupid stuff comes with that territory. Just chill out, accept that not everyone agrees with you, not everyone wants their pipe and slippers (GSXR600 sorry steve) just yet and this happens. Propbably won't next week for for some time to come and the locals are more than used to it so no big deal!

Steve, you know me better than that! Spiderman, you don't but hopefully we will meet at some point, as for Lynn and TSM, CALM YOURSELVES...WE ALL RIDE BIKES!

Have a nice day!
Old 21-03-05, 03:26 PM   #8
AlanSv

Phil - Do you still ride? last time I heard you had 2 broken SV's?

did you trade them in for something in the end?
Old 21-03-05, 03:26 PM   #9
jonboy

I think because not everyone had had their say and Nick felt he wanted to. It seems to me that there's more than one kettle calling the pot black here.

In many ways I agree with Phil, in that what happened is of no significance whatsoever and has been blown out of all proportion.

Old 21-03-05, 03:33 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo
Cos it fun!!!
Agreed but I'm not happy with so many people having the same sense of humour as me
Quote:
I think we can be credited with enough respect and nouse to have a good disagrrement without the nanny state extending to these forums!
err agreed again. just dont tell jonboy
Quote:
.... part of biking to me is letting loose the rebel inside us all that is normally kept hidden in day to day life and noise and stupid stuff comes with that territory. Just chill out, accept that not everyone agrees with you, not everyone wants their pipe and slippers just yet and this happens. Propbably won't next week for for some time to come and the locals are more than used to it so no big deal!
and again.
And just what i was saying on the previous thread. Glad you're not comming from the "dont do burnouts until i do one first" camp. That just gets to me.
I never deny people enjoying themseleves how they like as long as it doesnt have a major adverse affect to me.

i didnt understand why some people were gettin at Proffesor on his thread about having ears n tail on his lid. i like to see people do what makes em smile, it makes me smile... be it burnouts, backfires, ears n tails or whatever. It aint hurting me so why would i deny them their moment of fun?

if they do it all the time and it gets too much then yeh i'll say something to em. But i'd prolly take the approach of speaking to them face to face cos i know how easily the written form of communication can be misinterpreted or read into.
unless you are an award winning writer that is...and clearly i'm not am i?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote