SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-07-09, 06:22 AM   #1
JediGoat

Default Burgled again :(

Got a phone call at about half five thiis morning from the keyholding company to say my shop has been burgled (again)

Got here about an hour ago, and it's a bloody mess. A fair bit of stuff taken, shutter wrecked, door smashed, glass everywhere.

I can't even start checking through what has been taken until scenes of crime come out to do their thing.

If it wasn't hard enough to keep a business running at the moment

I'll post a list of what was taken when I can, and if anyone gets offered any of it cheap, I'd appreciate the info...so I can go and see then and chop their b*llocks off.

Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-09, 06:30 AM   #2
benp1

Default Re: Burgled again :(

Don't know what shop you have but either way I'm sorry to hear that
Old 17-07-09, 07:03 AM   #3
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Oh no!

I'm really sorry to hear that Jo, is the amount of stuff taken a 'commercial' amount? By which I mean do you think it's large enough for the *******s to try and offload it in substantial chunks?

When you've worked it out, put the list upon here and if anyone is offered something through a suspicious channel perhaps a connection might be made.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-09, 07:17 AM   #4
JediGoat

No Ian, but then I'm a small shop so I don't hold large quantities of the same itmes. I'm told it was a car and a bike (3 guys) at about 3.30 this morning.

They've taken some suits, jackets, helmets, trousers, one of my bloody mannequins, gloves, maybe boots too (hard to start checking through everything until the police have been in to do their thing).

Certainly not anyone with any knowledge of the clothing trade, that's obvious from the things they took and the things they left.

The big hassle now is to get the premises secure so I don't have to stay here overnight, but also get the shutter working so that I can open over the weekend.
Old 17-07-09, 07:31 AM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shop_addict View Post
No Ian, but then I'm a small shop so I don't hold large quantities of the same itmes. I'm told it was a car and a bike (3 guys) at about 3.30 this morning.

They've taken some suits, jackets, helmets, trousers, one of my bloody mannequins, gloves, maybe boots too (hard to start checking through everything until the police have been in to do their thing).

Certainly not anyone with any knowledge of the clothing trade, that's obvious from the things they took and the things they left.

The big hassle now is to get the premises secure so I don't have to stay here overnight, but also get the shutter working so that I can open over the weekend.
Are they hoping its going to come alive like in the film! Sorry to hear about this. Time for a dirty great big dog to roam your store me thinks!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-09, 07:42 AM   #6
JediGoat

One thing cheers me a little...looking at what was taken it is what someone with no idea would think is guys clothing - i.e. some of the manufacturers make some womens jackets with the exact same colour scheme as the mens, but a very different cut (Alpinestars and Spidi do this a lot).

So they probably think they have nicked guys clothing (probably due to an inability to read the name of the bloody shop). They've also ignored the patterned helmets and taken a Shoie Raid II in black....but probably never noticed it was size XXS.
Old 17-07-09, 07:47 AM   #7
Miss Alpinestarhero

Oh no, Im really sorry to hear this Jo

Bloody **** Hopefully the police will be able to catch them, I know its a slim chance but you just never know what the police will uncover.
Old 17-07-09, 07:50 AM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

If theya re found, i think they should be put in a cell with Bear and a family size tub of...oh hang on, its U rated, but you get the idea
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-09, 08:30 AM   #9
keith_d
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear about this. I'm with Viney - find 'em and feed 'em to the Bear!

Maybe worth keeping an eye on Ebay, and sending a mate round the local car boot sales this weekend with a shopping list. Though, even if you do find the stuff it's going to be tough to prove any of it was stolen from your shop unless it still has your tags in it.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-09, 09:42 AM   #10
JediGoat

A couple of bits of help if anyone knows. We have some footprints that the burglars left, and they don't appear to be trainers, the forensics officer asked if they might be bike boots, so...

If anyone can recognise this tread pattern (thoughts are it may be an Arlen Ness) - completely straight lines from front to back, a circle (size of a 20p) below the big toe, and a round-edged triangle (about the size of a cheese triangle) on the outside ball of the foot.

The other one is curved lines across the sole (bowing slightly towards the rear of the, and one long curvy line starting at the little toe, going across, then curling down to the heel and acoss near the bottom.

If you recognise either of these patterns (I can't be more precise, as it's only a frontprint), please gimme a call at the shop on 020 8340 6503.

Ta
Jo