SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Old 30-06-11, 10:18 AM   #1
Whitty

Default Acu test day scrutineering?

I have just got my acu licence and plan to do some test days. My track bike is not lockwired, still has side stand and no catch tank in fairing etc. Has standard fairing with light holes blanked off. Do I need to make it acu spec to do test days? Also in handbook it says footpegs are to be rounded, does this mean originals are no good?
Old 30-06-11, 08:47 PM   #2
eldiablo#75

Default Re: Acu test day scrutineering?

should be fine, theres no scrutineering on test days so nobody would know anyway, but lockwiring is a 2 min job if need be, pegs would pass scrutineerring anyway as long as there not sharp, fairings fine (people race with lights just taken out) and you could always take the side stand off if need be...but again i wouldnt bother iv seen quite alot of people keep them on.

theres an acu test day at 3sisters friday 15th july too if you fancied a look at it
Old 01-07-11, 07:51 AM   #3
Whitty

Thats the one I was thinking of as I have joined Preston dmc. Thought a catch tank was compulsary on 4 strokes to race?
Old 01-07-11, 10:46 AM   #4
LiamH

As eldiablo said, nobody scrutineers on practice days. You'll be fine at 3 Sisters.
Last time I was there on a practice day (in May) there was a guy whizzing round on a full road legal ZX6R, with mirrors, lights & everything on.
I'll probably be there in the afternoon - red curvy #10 - pop over and say hello.
Old 04-07-11, 07:52 AM   #5
Whitty

Should be there hopefully providing no more incidents at oulton on wednesday! Weather forecast is now thunder storms. What a surprise, chucked it down 3 week ago when I highsided there. Will have done oulton 5 times then and had about 2.5 dry sessions so far! I have heard 3 sisters is very slippy in wet from all cart rubber?
Old 15-07-11, 02:36 PM   #6
Whitty

Decided not to do 3 sisters. Contacted them and they said bike should be acu spec. Ive done everything needed but not got a race fairing with catch tank. After seeing bsb crash on tv due to oil on track I decided I would feel terrible if someone come off on my oil. I am going to watch the racing on one of the days though to see how things are run.