SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-01-08, 08:45 PM   #1
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Insurance - I'm dumbfounded!

Getting quotes - if you increase the mileage you are going to do per year the quote comes down

Also accidents don't make a difference if you're insurance company had to pay out or not
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-08, 10:19 PM   #2
maultin

Default Re: Insurance - I'm dumbfounded!

more miles - quote comes down???
are you sure???

who told you that that is the case???
Old 17-01-08, 10:55 PM   #3
gettin2dizzy

Sometimes it qualifies you for a different insurance policy. It's worth playing around looking for these variables.
Old 17-01-08, 11:05 PM   #4
ThEGr33k

More miles = more exp?

The thing with accidents isnt good! I guess the difference is that if it wasnt your fault you dont lose No claims.

When I first insured my SV for a full year it was ?5 cheaper to go fully comp over TPFT.

they are wierd. I dont like insurance companies as they know they have you cornered!
Old 18-01-08, 01:11 AM   #5
Lozzo

I got a nice surprise when I changed my multi-bike policy to remove the Daytona 955i and replace it with the new SV. I have a total of 7 bikes insured and the policy was a whopping 213 quid TPF+T. They wanted a 30 quid admin fee to do the swop, which is fair enough, but then the nice lass at Carole Nash told me that I could change to fully comp for the horrendous sum of a fiver extra. So 35 quid saw me swop bikes and change to FC insurance on everything, including two trackbikes. Bargain
Old 18-01-08, 09:27 AM   #6
Al_Sweetman

Ok then, I was in a very similar situation:

First years insurance
===
£500 excess
6k miles,
No SP30 in existence,
Fully Comp,
No pillion cover
Premium was £600+

Second years insurance
===
£100 excess
20k miles,
SP30 declaration,
Pillion cover
Fully comp,
Premium was £400.....

OK, granted there was 1 years NCD, but that shouldn't drop it by £200! I think it comes down to the fact I was using Bennetts as a broker, and the second year I got to go with the "Highways" policy (can't remember the provider) whereas the first year it was a different provider.
Old 19-01-08, 01:43 PM   #7
GastonJ

That's lucky I've just been quoted £719 for the SV1000S I've just been looking at. It's not the cost of the bike that'll make or break whether I buy it, it's whether I can get the insurance down. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll get something reasonable by way of quotes.
Old 19-01-08, 07:11 PM   #8
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonJ View Post
That's lucky I've just been quoted ?719 for the SV1000S I've just been looking at. It's not the cost of the bike that'll make or break whether I buy it, it's whether I can get the insurance down. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll get something reasonable by way of quotes.

Ive just bought a Aprilia Falco... or at least put the deposit down... I can Insure that for ?800 with ?200 excess fully comp which isnt really that cheap but its not bad considering im only 21...

Try H & S insurance they are VERY cheap compaired to others, next cheapest ive found was ~?1300 with ?650 excess!!!!

Insurance aye.
Old 19-01-08, 08:46 PM   #9
GastonJ

Have they got a website? Can't see them anywhere on google.

Cheers
Old 19-01-08, 08:58 PM   #10
Paws

Try C.I.A they reckon they can beat any quote you get