SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

BSB & WSB Goto BSB Website
Goto WSB Website

Old 18-06-09, 11:14 AM   #1
svrob

Default Best place to watch at Donnington

Having decided to go to WSB at Donnington I'm pretty much decided to do one of the packages in a suite. I've seen a couple of options, one at Redgate and one on the inside of the track at Craner , has anyone done any of these and if so what are your experiences of the best place to spectate.

Any views/advice welcome

Thanks
Old 18-06-09, 11:30 AM   #2
chasey

Default Re: Best place to watch at Donnington

Starkeys as you have a bar there, bottom of craner on the outside of the track (where the rock step feature is!), foggy esses or melbourne loop is where I would go.

I would not recommend walking from Redgate to Melbroune in baking heat and full motorcycle leathers though!
Old 18-06-09, 11:43 AM   #3
svrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasey View Post
Starkeys as you have a bar there, bottom of craner on the outside of the track (where the rock step feature is!), foggy esses or melbourne loop is where I would go.

I would not recommend walking from Redgate to Melbroune in baking heat and full motorcycle leathers though!
Thanks for the info, Craner is where I'd normally go but as I said I'm doing one of the boxes so will be either from the boxes at Redgate or boxes at ther inner of the track at Craner
Old 18-06-09, 09:57 PM   #4
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrob View Post
Thanks for the info, Craner is where I'd normally go but as I said I'm doing one of the boxes so will be either from the boxes at Redgate or boxes at ther inner of the track at Craner
Personally I'd say Craner, as you can see most of Redgate, Hollywood, Craner and the Old Hairpin.. You may only be able to the start/finish straight and Redgate if your unlucky with the box you get at Redgate.
Old 18-06-09, 10:23 PM   #5
chasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrob View Post
Ooo sorry - didn't read that bit!

Yah - Craner then!
Old 19-06-09, 09:18 AM   #6
Geoffrey

craner or melbourne