SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-06-12, 02:41 PM   #1
mufman

Default Does Suzuki and Suzuki dealers know what they each do? :)

I entered the official Suzuki UK sites this week and there is a big banner almost over the whole screen on the main page inviting for a test ride day with special offers on different dates at different dealers (http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/onroad/ banners rotates so if you would not see it immidiately, give it few seconds or refresh the page). So I checked out the schedule and found a dealer who is fairly close to me and runs this event this Sunday (http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/dealers/detail.php?id=000266).
So I picked up the phone to ask some more details about terms and conditions of the test ride and to book it but when I told the guy on the phone his response was "what? we are closed on Sunday." LOL So I told him that it is on Suzuki's sites and they are listed there and ask him to look if he is somewhere close to computer. He wasn't at the computer so he couldn't take a look but he had no clue about this event happening anywhere and absolutely not about this Sunday at his dealership
He then said that they are happy for me to come for a test ride some other times when they're open. So we talked about it, about terms and conditions and then I asked how is their insurance, what would happen if I would crash it on the test ride. If I would be obliged to pay for it or if their insurance will cover it. His response was "Why would you crash it? You would go for a test ride, not a race" My god Long story short I'll pass on the test ride (or anything else) at this dealership

Did anybody attended this event at some dealer this year so far? How does it look like and how good are those promotions on bikes which they mention on the site?
Old 14-06-12, 03:30 PM   #2
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Default Re: Does Suzuki and Suzuki dealers know what they each do? :)

CJ Ball in Norwich have this on in August, but, they are only open for 3 hours on Sunday, not the 8 advertised on the web-site
Old 14-06-12, 03:36 PM   #3
porkyp

I went to one in Maidstone a few weeks ago, not interested in a wet test ride, but they advertised a ''Huge Range of Suzuki clothing'', and as i'd got a bit of birthday money burning a hole ,got there.. Nothing.
Old 14-06-12, 03:56 PM   #4
mufman

So it looks like dealers are taking this Suzuki nation-wide event "really seriously"
Old 14-06-12, 04:09 PM   #5
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

When my k1 gsx-r 750 broke down (engine seized) York suzuki had it for nearly a month before saying "it's too big a job for us to fix this bike" and handed it back in bits..

Spoke to Suzuki GB about it and they more or less said "well they're an independent business so there's not really anything we can say or do".

Bleh.

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 04:10 PM   #6
Spank86

A month!

I could have done that for you in a day.
Old 14-06-12, 04:19 PM   #7
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Well if suzuki can't fix one of their own bikes... lol

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-12, 04:20 PM   #8
mufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
When my k1 gsx-r 750 broke down (engine seized) York suzuki had it for nearly a month before saying "it's too big a job for us to fix this bike" and handed it back in bits..

Spoke to Suzuki GB about it and they more or less said "well they're an independent business so there's not really anything we can say or do".

Bleh.
What a ****. And Suzuki still thinks that people would go buy their bikes knowing that if anything would happen, dealer would just simply put his hands off it and Suzuki importer would do pretty much the same... Oh my god...makes me loosing even those bits of faith which left.

So kind of a bottom line of this all: If there is something on Suzuki sites (event, promotion, promised services,...), that doesn't necessarily mean that it applies in a real world because dealers might just simply not bother...
Old 14-06-12, 04:45 PM   #9
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Well if suzuki can't fix one of their own bikes... lol
Not fix it, hand it back to you in bits.

How much do you pay for this service and do you want it done on your new one?
Old 14-06-12, 05:49 PM   #10
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Are you on the right bike forum guys? x