SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 15-06-07, 09:46 AM   #1
Baph

Default Motrax Diamond Indicators

Until today, they were great. Small indicators, very visible.

Today was the first day they've seen heavy rain since I fitted them. Just as I set off from the house, indicated left... that's flashing a bit fast, hmm, beggar, front one flashing, so back one must of blown. Oh well.

Got half way to work, indicated for the overtake, beggar, that's the right one blown too!!

I can only assume that water being thrown off the rear tyre has seeped in through the tinyest of cracks in the indicators (where the lens covers meet the rest of the indicator perhaps) and shorted the connection blowing the bulb.

Trip to Maplin on my way home for some new bulbs (dim bulbs are better than no bulbs!) and some more silicon grease.

Going on the MIGTs rideout in the morning as well, so it'd better not be raining when I get home tonight!!
Old 18-06-07, 09:23 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Motrax Diamond Indicators

Just a little update on this.

They bolt to the frame much as the stock indicators do, however, there's a HUGE hole in the middle of the "bolt/stem" so I reckon water has got in there.

Strip down, WD40 to clear the moisture, switch cleaner to give a good contact, replace bulbs & silicon the hole up. Sorted. So far, no problems.

However, I think the bulbs from my spare front Motrax Diamond indicators are a lower power than the back ones (they also weren't wired up right internally though - and not in Motrax packaging). Put the indicators on, they flash fast. Put hazard lights on, they flash normal speed. Interesting.

Should be fun the next time I get stopped (planning on putting a potentiometer in either side when I get the chance).