SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-09-07, 04:28 PM   #1
Filipe M.

Default Western Digital drive PCB wanted

Right, another UberGeek thread starting...

Due to a small accident with mixed power supplies (not by me, I may add), I now have in my hands a Western Digital WD2500JB hard drive that had the living daylights kicked out of it by a 20V power supply. I carefully removed it from its original external enclosure (one of those nifty "My Book" enclosures that are a pain to pry open without using a hammer), slapped it in another external enclosure but the guy won't even spin up. I'm guessing (wishing...) it might be just fried electronics, but I don't have another one to swap the PCB to give it a try.

Bottomline, has any of the resident geeks ever dealt with this kind of problem, and know of any online shop where I can get my grubby hands on such a PCB? Other than trying to scavenge through the shelves on my local hardware shop for another HD with this exact PCB, of course... it contains some not-really-backed-up data that would be interesting to recover...

BTW, the part number on the sticker on the PCB says 2061- 701292-C00 AF, tried googling it already but nothing came up.

Thanks for any help.
Old 18-09-07, 10:58 AM   #2
Filipe M.

Default Re: Western Digital drive PCB wanted

Tuesday morning bump... anyone?