SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-09-07, 06:02 PM   #1
SAMMY650

Default Help!

My sv650 2000 unfaired keeps misfiring and makes the bike feel unstable as power seems to come and go (i am assuming this has something to do with the different strokes intake,power etc)
Does any one know why this is happening and how I can fix it without having to take to a shop and pay silly prices?

Cheers
Old 26-09-07, 06:05 PM   #2
hovis

Default Re: Help!

have you got a fenda extenda? ( a small bit of plastic, that makes the front mudgaurd longer) to stop water getting to the front plug
Old 26-09-07, 06:32 PM   #3
SAMMY650

Yeah, it's been on there for a while as well.
Old 26-09-07, 06:43 PM   #4
hovis

how old are the plugs?

& have you checked they are both sparking?
Old 26-09-07, 06:57 PM   #5
thedonal

I had this on and off during poor weather, despite an extended fender (and I don't mean a big Strat). Never quite got to the bottom of it- though most of it happened in that big contaminated fuel situation earlier this year.

I'd suggest, if it's piddling down, then warm the bike up for longer. Also, cover it up if it's outside all night, llike my poor dear. Perhaps try some reddex to ensure that there's no poo in the tank causing the carbs trouble. Otherwise, b*ggered if I know.

Knot that I no much, mind. I am not a doctor.
Old 26-09-07, 07:59 PM   #6
BILLY

Check your choke is working properly is it lumply on tick over when the choke is used? If so it could be a stuck choke plunger in the carb!