SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-11-06, 07:01 PM   #1
Dave The Rave

Default Hornet 600

Guys, I know I am using the wrong forum but I would appreciate any help. I just passed my DAS and am about to buy a Honda Hornet 600. It is 05 reg, with 5,000 miles on the clock. It looks relatively well looked after but the asking price is £3,295. I think that is a bit steep. It has crash bungs and an aftermarket screen otherwise it is totally standard. Does the price look reasonable to you? Oh … and I am buying it from a dealer so I presume there is a room for negotiation? Any help very much appreciated.
Old 26-11-06, 07:11 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I can't answer your questions, theres a few people on here with hornets, but place to go and find out more is going to be here

http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/

HTH

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-06, 01:36 AM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

Hornet's nest is a good forum...

Hornets have always been fairly expensive used, that's why I got the SV Not a decision I regret, but it's often hard to get a good deal. That'll be the current generation, with the good headlight and the USDs, so it'll have held its value- the new one will probably cause prices to drop, worth mentioning that. Whether that's specifcally a good deal, I'm afraid I don't know. It doesn't seem unreasonable, but I've seen relatively few used new-model Hornets for sale.

Very good bikes. Quite different from the SV, but they have a lot of the same charms and a lot less of the drawbacks.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-06, 10:38 AM   #4
Ceri JC

A mate got a mint Hornet 600 with FSH, with 15K on the clock for £1800. That was a good deal IMO.
Old 27-11-06, 12:02 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
A mate got a mint Hornet 600 with FSH, with 15K on the clock for £1800. That was a good deal IMO.
That's a very good deal. But what model was it? The ones with the RWU forks dropped a lot in price when the new one came out. Likewise, the ones with the 16 inch wheel when the 17 incher came out.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-06, 12:05 PM   #6
DanAbnormal

If it's an 05 model that is an awesome price. I paid £3'200 for my 04 model with 2'000 miles on the clock.

Get it you won't regret it. If you need any further help or advice feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 27-11-06, 12:19 PM   #7
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
That's a very good deal. But what model was it? The ones with the RWU forks dropped a lot in price when the new one came out. Likewise, the ones with the 16 inch wheel when the 17 incher came out.
I'm not sure about the exact model, but it's a RWU forked one. This was just over a year back.
Old 27-11-06, 01:04 PM   #8
Ed

I sold my 03 one (last May) for £2500. I couldn't get anyone interested at a higher price. It had done 13K miles, to be fair it needed new tyres so the buyer had to spend quite a bit more straight away.

I think the price you're paying is fair.