SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

View Poll Results: Who fancies a new group ?
N Wales / Cheshire only 4 10.53%
N Wales / Cheshire / Staffs / Shropshire / Merseyside 30 78.95%
Keep things as they are 1 2.63%
Dont care either way 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25-07-07, 02:09 PM   #71
stewie

Default Re: New group- N Wales/Cheshire +

Baph is organising a N Wales rideout in early sept, this would be a good chance for all the riders who are interested in the new area to get down there and meet up. Baph, if you read this Im not trying to hi-jack your rideout mate, so dont think I am . So if you,re up for it check out the rideouts section of the forum.

Old 25-07-07, 02:15 PM   #72
markmoto

Yeah il have some of that

Old 25-07-07, 02:48 PM   #73
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Baph is organising a N Wales rideout in early sept, this would be a good chance for all the riders who are interested in the new area to get down there and meet up. Baph, if you read this Im not trying to hi-jack your rideout mate, so dont think I am . So if you,re up for it check out the rideouts section of the forum.
No worries about trying to hi-jack mate, all input welcome.

For anyone that wants to come on the rideout, the thread is here. EDIT: Regardless of how far you'd have to travel, if your comfortable with the distance, you're welcome to join the ride. A couple of folks have had a "quiet word" basically asking permission to attend, please don't, it's an open invite to all!!

Even if folks can't do the rideout, but want to meet up at Ponderosa on the day, that's fine. Just remember, they serve food/drinks, but don't take cards, so you'll need cash!!

Depending on interest it might be worth while setting up a "regular" meet. By that, because of the size of area, possibly once a fortnight/month? Rotating around various different points to save everybody travelling miles each time?

Last edited by Baph; 25-07-07 at 03:04 PM.

Old 27-07-07, 10:07 AM   #74
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

If you can get a regularly meet up and running then I reckon you're onto a winner section wise

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 27-07-07, 11:25 AM   #75
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
If you can get a regularly meet up and running then I reckon you're onto a winner section wise
That sounds like a plan

Proposed meeting points are on this map. I'm happy to add to them (those are the places I know that are decent and accessible).

I reckon it be best that the meets be rotated around nominated places (once those places are agreed), just to save folks from far places travelling huge distances.

So what says thee folks, fortnightly? Monthly? Personally, I'd be able to make most fortnights.

Mods, a new section would also help us organise threads/posts about which meeting place for that given meet as well. EDIT: The sarcastic part of me wants to point out that if we had our own section, I could of started a new thread there for this very discussion. Sorry, that part of me will now go sit in the corner with the "D" hat on.

Last edited by Baph; 27-07-07 at 11:28 AM.

Old 27-07-07, 12:21 PM   #76
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Mods, a new section would also help us organise threads/posts about which meeting place for that given meet as well. EDIT: The sarcastic part of me wants to point out that if we had our own section, I could of started a new thread there for this very discussion. Sorry, that part of me will now go sit in the corner with the "D" hat on.
Have to agree with Baph - we are kind of in a chicken / egg situation here. A new board for the sectin would get us up and running.

Great job on the map Baph, didn't realise the area was so big!

I reckon once a fortnight would be a good start, until we all get to know one another.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Old 27-07-07, 12:22 PM   #77
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
That sounds like a plan

Proposed meeting points are on this map. I'm happy to add to them (those are the places I know that are decent and accessible).

I reckon it be best that the meets be rotated around nominated places (once those places are agreed), just to save folks from far places travelling huge distances.

So what says thee folks, fortnightly? Monthly? Personally, I'd be able to make most fortnights.

Thanks Fizz, Baph that looks like a plan re the meeting places, although it does seem a bit heavy in the cheshire area, personally I would lose Ellesmere port and maybe add one in the staffs area, the only drawback with that though would be that quiff richard might turn up, . Good one for making a start though As far as meets go due to my shift patterns I d only be able to meet up for 50% of them anyway, how about fortnightly to start off though.

Old 27-07-07, 12:26 PM   #78
Baph

Right, I'm going to stick the whatsit in then.

Tomorrow would be too short notice, what's thoughts on a week tomorrow for first meet?

Luckypants, my reaction was the same once I'd done the shape & zoomed out. How big?!?! That's a fair bit of country that the org doesn't really cover that well.

Old 27-07-07, 12:33 PM   #79
markmoto

How about a large area that the org doesnt currently cover at all!! Il be attenting all the meets i can, if we get some more merseyside patrons how about a meet there.

Old 27-07-07, 12:33 PM   #80
Mogs

Why the bulge to the east, what's special about Tamworth that your terratorial claim goes deep into the midlands?

Closed Thread