SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 14-12-07, 04:59 PM   #1
SDMF

Default Oxford heated grips

Shall I wire them directly into the battery as it shows in the wiring diagram- and believe the little bit of paper which came with them saying that they automatically switch off when the battery voltage gets too low, and risk them potentially flattening the battery.

Or wire them in an alternative way, so that they only work with the ignition switched on. If so whats the best way of doing this?
Old 14-12-07, 06:11 PM   #2
StreetHawk

Default Re: Oxford heated grips

Mine are wired to the battery and switch off when you turn the ignition off.. Safest way I'd have thought..
Old 14-12-07, 08:24 PM   #3
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Shall I wire them directly into the battery as it shows in the wiring diagram- and believe the little bit of paper which came with them saying that they automatically switch off when the battery voltage gets too low, and risk them potentially flattening the battery.

Or wire them in an alternative way, so that they only work with the ignition switched on. If so whats the best way of doing this?

if you have the ability to wire them to the ignition, thats what i would do, although i wired them to the battery, and they do turn them selfs off if left on
Old 14-12-07, 09:59 PM   #4
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
although i wired them to the battery, and they do turn them selfs off if left on
Sounds good to me then. Into the battery they shall go.