SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 22-03-08, 10:20 AM   #21
Stig

Default Re: DAS Training in Reading..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
I've seen people form the Pinewood training place in Crowthorne riding up and down the highstreet in jeans trainers tshirt and helmet.

Surely as part of their CBT they should not be allowed to ride if inappropriately dressed
CBT training has nothing to do with wearing protective clothing. The law says wear a helmet. That is all. Anything else is personnel.
Old 22-03-08, 11:35 AM   #22
StreetHawk

Shouldn't CBT'ers be asked to wear protective clothing? I took my own helmet & gloves to CBT but was asked to wear one of their armoured jackets. They told me on the phone when booking to wear sturdy shoes/boots.
Old 22-03-08, 02:11 PM   #23
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
CBT training has nothing to do with wearing protective clothing. The law says wear a helmet. That is all. Anything else is personnel.
Not true. The CBT goes through all the essential protective requirements including:

Essential clothing requirements for CBT
*Helmet - BSI 6658 and ECE 22-05 standards *British Standards approved visor*Comfortable fit but snug*Tough jacket*Tough trousers*Good pair of sturdy over the ankle boots*Winter clothing for winter, summer clothing for summer*If it's wet bring some waterproofs*Remember tough, warm, waterproof, roomy and bright

When you do the Cardington Assesment (the place where you have to demonstrate you're good enough to teach CBT's) you have to teach and demonstrate all of these points or you won't get or keep your card. All schools are assessed by the DSA every 2-3 years. If you fail Cardington you have your card taken away and you have to be re-assessed. You won't be able to teach CBT's until you pass again. Bearing in mind training schools are teaching individuals who will then go on to ride on the road alone, they should be making sure students are training with the correct gear. Clearly Pinewood are letting their standards slip here. Put another way if it were my son/daughter I would be most annoyed if I saw them about in jeans/trainers. Sadly, most young scooter riders wear this gear.