Closed Thread

Old 16-09-08, 09:20 PM   #71
regency23

Default Re: North Wales Rideout #4

yes from me (can,t wait)

Old 20-09-08, 12:07 AM   #72
bigfatbloke

So, when's the rideout info going to be posted ? I'm booked in my B&B in Betws but going to be away with work most of next week. Could do with knowing the time for the start (assuming you're starting at the bunkhouse) and rough rideout route and approx timings fairly soon.

Would be helpful to start this info in a separate thread to save people having to wade thru all these posts to find the info.

Cheers

Pete

Old 20-09-08, 05:19 AM   #73
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatbloke View Post
So, when's the rideout info going to be posted ? I'm booked in my B&B in Betws but going to be away with work most of next week. Could do with knowing the time for the start (assuming you're starting at the bunkhouse) and rough rideout route and approx timings fairly soon.

Would be helpful to start this info in a separate thread to save people having to wade thru all these posts to find the info.

Cheers

Pete
I'm not sure LP will post a route on here, just in case the Police decide to take an interest and put horse boxes, sorry "safety" cameras, along the route.

6 Sleeps to go.

Last edited by petevtwin650; 20-09-08 at 06:02 AM.

Old 20-09-08, 06:46 AM   #74
bigfatbloke

Fair point.

Start time would be useful tho'

Cheers

Pete

Old 20-09-08, 07:09 AM   #75
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
I'm not sure LP will post a route on here, just in case the Police decide to take an interest and put horse boxes, sorry "safety" cameras, along the route.

Bit far fetched hopefully

not that I need a route posted though
Old 22-09-08, 10:02 AM   #76
Luckypants
Mega Poster

OK just done a big cleanup of the thread, just to try to keep the useful stuff visible. Please post any chat in this thread in the Border Patrol section, I'd like to keep this thread for information, Q/A etc now. Thanks.

Will post ride info and meeting times tonight.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Last edited by Luckypants; 22-09-08 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added link to the chat thread
Old 22-09-08, 10:16 AM   #77
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Anyone planning to attend just for a day please let me know by PM!! Most important as we might leave without you if you don't!

Old 22-09-08, 09:25 PM   #78
Luckypants
Mega Poster

OK everyone; at long last here is the information on the weekend!

The bunkhouse is here …. just off the A5 between Corwen and Cerrigydrudion. The postcode is LL21 0RH for you sat nav junkies and here is their website http://www.ffynnonwen.com/ . Bedding is provided so no need for sleeping bags etc. Note that this is mixed accommodation with potentially other groups there also, so night attire is needed.

Everyone that has accommodation booked is expected to arrive Friday night. Those expecting food MUST be there by 7:00 PM. If you want beer etc, you need to bring it with you, nearest beer shop is about a mile and half away in Cerrigydrudion, a small Spar.

PLEASE ENSURE YOU FILL UP WITH FUEL AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to the bunkhouse. Nearest filling station on the A5 is Chirk (no joke!) or Ruthin if approaching from the West. There is petrol in Cerrigydrudion, but they close early and are expensive. I would not rely on getting fuel there.

SATURDAY

Breakfast is at the bunkhouse so we can get going immediately after. I would like a 9.30 start to the ride, therefore can everyone be there, fuelled up and ready to go by 9:00 am!! Anyone intending to turn up for the day, be at the bunkhouse for 9:00 please. The first stop on the ride is after about an hour for fuel in Betws-y-Coed after 35 miles. Next stop will be for a photo opportunity at Harlech Castle, but this may be abandoned if we have too many bikes! Next stop will be lunch at Aberdyfi (Ice Cream!!) We go over a mountain road for more fuel in Llanidloes. We then go to Aberystwyth followed by fuel in Machynlleth. Then on home for tea and medals!

THE ROUTE!

SUNDAY

Same routine as Saturday, up and at for 9:00 am meet, leaving by 9:30 am. This time we will be carrying luggage, so the ride is shorter and less challenging. We leave the bunkhouse and stop for petrol in Ruthin after 30 odd miles. Mountain roads for next few miles before dropping into Dyffryn Conwy and then over the mountains again. Stops for photos will be made before next petrol stop in Mold after almost 100 miles, so watch the fuel! Then we wander off to Ruthin and the Poderosa before saying adieu.

THE ROUTE

This information is also in a sticky thread so it can be easily found. I'll update as necessary as I answer the inevitable avalanche of questions!

ohh...... 4SLEEPS TO GO!!!!

Old 23-09-08, 10:40 AM   #79
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Two places left in the bunkhouse (maybe 3 as Stuntpilot has not confirmed and is not answering PM's), come on guys!

Old 23-09-08, 03:26 PM   #80
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

ok then you local yokels...

what's the deal in NW with plates and pipes? i have a beowulf which normally breaths free but i'll be bringing the baffle anyway, and a 7x5 plate with a sensible font - are the police the drooling pit bulls i've heard about or is unlikely to cause a hassle?
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
Closed Thread