SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-08, 10:17 AM   #91
plowsie

Default Re: The venue.

Well there is the Rutland ring route also, not a bad route.

Lozzo, you need to take me out on this alps road!

Old 04-12-08, 10:35 AM   #92
startrek.steve

Are the Pennine Massive planning on going down en Masse?
Im game, the wifes driving the car, so may have some storage space inbetween two kids (unless I can persuade her to let the eldest on the back.) then only one kid in the car.
Steve
Old 04-12-08, 10:40 AM   #93
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek.steve View Post
Are the Pennine Massive planning on going down en Masse?
A bit early to say, but theres usually some sort of arranging going on nearer the time.At 08 there was the ' 4 riders if the apocalypse'
me, mel, YC, and Im Indoors....bwwwwwooooaaarrrrgghhh.

Although at the moment Im Indoors is being a spoilsport and says he don't want to go. East Anglia isn't his cup of tea...we'll see about that

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
Old 04-12-08, 11:04 AM   #94
startrek.steve

I must say, I was a bit dissapointed its not Northumberland, but its a cracking run down to Skeggy from my way so that would be over half of the journey I think.
Steve
Old 04-12-08, 11:09 AM   #95
rictus01
Mega Poster

Further to my previous post on the subject.

From what I understand this pretty much guarantees* my attendance, some of the roads mentioned I rode in my youth, be nice to revisit them, I’ll even go so far as to try moving closer after Christmas**, which will make the trip to and from the event a much easier time.

The logistics of a group of anything more than 20-30 bikes become the over riding consideration, the start assembly area size, stopping points being big enough (parking as well as ease of access), lunch stop able to do food for all within the time allowed, and also accommodating the lowest skill/speed, all must be vectored in to the route, whilst it’s nice to have faster sections these must be tempered with keeping the group together and to some sort of time schedule, a lot more to doing a good rideout of this size than just finding a couple of good roads, but then I'm sure the organiser(s) will know that.

* given my luck over the last few years I’ll say that quietly though, well you never know.

** It’s a probable, a lot of things to sort out first though.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 04-12-08 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-12-08, 11:13 AM   #96
Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post

I just think that 120 miles is about right when you have such a big group. Also it cuts down the "will I get round the route on a tankful, where do I find petrol" fretting that goes on.
Or two tank fulls in my case

Old 04-12-08, 11:32 AM   #97
Grinch

I'll be there as long as the date goes the right way.

Old 04-12-08, 12:15 PM   #98
aarond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Or two tank fulls in my case
about tank and a half for me

Old 04-12-08, 12:16 PM   #99
aarond

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
7 times? I dunno, i think you can get away with three stops...an SV will do 150 miles if you are not thrashing (steady with the throttle, use the engine wisely etc), so you can do three stops:

150 miles, stop, 150 miles, stop, 150 miles, stop, 150 miles, arrive and have a beer
nah it probably wouldnt be the sv i take

Old 04-12-08, 12:26 PM   #100
Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
Further to my previous post on the subject.

From what I understand this pretty much guarantees* my attendance, some of the roads mentioned I rode in my youth, be nice to revisit them, I’ll even go so far as to try moving closer after Christmas**, which will make the trip to and from the event a much easier time.

The logistics of a group of anything more than 20-30 bikes become the over riding consideration, the start assembly area size, stopping points being big enough (parking as well as ease of access), lunch stop able to do food for all within the time allowed, and also accommodating the lowest skill/speed, all must be vectored in to the route, whilst it’s nice to have faster sections these must be tempered with keeping the group together and to some sort of time schedule, a lot more to doing a good rideout of this size than just finding a couple of good roads, but then I'm sure the organiser(s) will know that.

* given my luck over the last few years I’ll say that quietly though, well you never know.

** It’s a probable, a lot of things to sort out first though.

Cheers Mark.
Well, what can I say except "WooHoo!"

Closed Thread