SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 18-01-09, 10:41 AM   #1
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Org track day

Is there gonna be an org trackday this year? If so when is it likely to be?

I wanna do 3 trackdays this year, 1st one is booked for April 24th at Anglesey with the GixerJunkies and would like to do Donny and one other.

I know there's a few trackday fans on here so was wondering if we could get an org one organised. Who organised last years?

Regards

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-09, 11:44 AM   #2
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Org track day

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Is there gonna be an org trackday this year? If so when is it likely to be?

I wanna do 3 trackdays this year, 1st one is booked for April 24th at Anglesey with the GixerJunkies and would like to do Donny and one other.

I know there's a few trackday fans on here so was wondering if we could get an org one organised. Who organised last years?

Regards
If one is organised would it be possible to do one that is restricted license friendly??? I'd hate to miss out on this if it goes ahead.
Old 18-01-09, 11:47 AM   #3
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
If one is organised would it be possible to do one that is restricted license friendly??? I'd hate to miss out on this if it goes ahead.
Yes you can, I'll look at some places, dates and cost ect through the week, I want to get out there.
Old 18-01-09, 11:55 AM   #4
Balky001
Mega Poster

Fizzy Fish initiated the Silverstone GP one last year and was a good turnout. It was on 31st March although it might be a good idea to go a bit later.
Old 18-01-09, 12:36 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Was thinking May would be cool, just before the summer rush so wont be TOO cost prohibitive!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 18-01-09, 03:36 PM   #6
G
Mega Poster

I think it was a Soho group trackday rather than a .org trackday there was about 30 people there though, and I would defo make an effort to go again if one was arranged that was not brands or lyden they are just a tad to far.

Just today finished sorting my bike out for this years trackdays lol

Its now got some spare satin black fairings drilled ready for some R&G's or whatever I can findout is the best for an RR

Old 18-01-09, 03:38 PM   #7
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post

Very nice G.
Old 18-01-09, 07:45 PM   #8
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001 View Post
Fizzy Fish initiated the Silverstone GP one last year and was a good turnout. It was on 31st March although it might be a good idea to go a bit later.
that she did, it was sort of soho, but anyone as always was welcome. it was a great day and not really too early, as it got plenty warm enough out on track. was foggy till about 8am and then had glorious sunshine the whole day. so would be happy enough to go again then espeially as we got the gp circuit that day for only £90!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I think it was a Soho group trackday rather than a .org trackday there was about 30 people there though, and I would defo make an effort to go again if one was arranged that was not brands or lyden they are just a tad to far.

Just today finished sorting my bike out for this years trackdays lol

Its now got some spare satin black fairings drilled ready for some R&G's or whatever I can findout is the best for an RR

i may have had my head in the sand, but how come you've gone all black from the previous paint job g? (does look good too)
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-09, 08:27 PM   #9
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I'm in, as long as it's not April 24th. Anytime from mid March on will hopefully give us reasonable weather!

Old 18-01-09, 08:49 PM   #10
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post

i may have had my head in the sand, but how come you've gone all black from the previous paint job g?
They are just a spare set of fairings, at my last trackday last year at rockingham I had a trip into the gravel which gravelrashed my belly pan and then nearly highsided coming out of the last set of lefts . Then to top it off cartwrim hit some marbles and wrecked his gsxr in the last session.

My road fairings are in pretty good condition and I didnt want to smash them up so bought another set, did them up abit and drilled them for crash bungs in preperation for this year.