SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-09, 09:14 PM   #1211
keithd

Default Re: INTERESTING FACT OF THE DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
I dont appreciate anything about it! Anyway, derail!
i dont think you can deny it was impressive. thats not me condoning their actions, just saying what they did the coordination, the training, the hijacking...

m sure i'l be alone in this but hey, i'm different.
Old 31-03-09, 09:56 PM   #1212
monkey

Who stole all the interesting facts?

Here's one. The Queen has given up her own plane. When she needs one, she will pay to use one.
Old 31-03-09, 10:48 PM   #1213
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
i dont think you can deny it was impressive. thats not me condoning their actions, just saying what they did the coordination, the training, the hijacking...

m sure i'l be alone in this but hey, i'm different.
My IFOTD, is that I agree with keith.

I'm sure most Project Managers would do too, to orchestrate that event must of taken a hell of a lot of forethought & determination.

I don't agree with what they did, but then I don't agree with what computer virus programmers do, I can still appreciate their work though. And no, I'm not comparing 9/11 to a computer virus before any tree hugging types pop up out of the woodwork!
Old 31-03-09, 11:22 PM   #1214
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I don't agree with what they did, but then I don't agree with what computer virus programmers do, I can still appreciate their work though. And no, I'm not comparing 9/11 to a computer virus before any tree hugging types pop up out of the woodwork!
Yeah, I feel the same. Again, no comparison in results but I used to work in fraud/crime prevention and if you don't have a healthy respect for the abilities of the opposition, you just lose. If this were as easy as some people will say, how come it didn't happen more often? Even recruiting and running a criminal/terrorist organisation is a mountain itself, never mind planning and executing the crime. But there's a huge gap between respect and admiration, it's not the same thing at all.

Anyway, interesting facts, interesting facts... My cat's breath smells of cat food.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 07:08 AM   #1215
Magnum

Im glad some people aggree with me then, and dont think im an islamic extremist

My interesting fact i found out a couple of days ago is that the new bike test is not going to be active untill the end of april! This is great news for me because i will be doing mine before the 20th.
Old 01-04-09, 09:49 PM   #1216
davepreston

the ira has a more secure and better inteligance network than the british army #fact#
Old 02-04-09, 07:50 AM   #1217
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
the ira has a more secure and better inteligance network than the british army #fact#
errrrmmm source for this "fact"?!!!
Old 02-04-09, 08:10 AM   #1218
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
I'd say it sounds about right. The british army can get away with murder so let things slip, the IRA do get away with murder because they don't!
I'm guessing dave has experience with both, you were/are in the army right dave? And anyone that's lived in certain parts of ireland has brushings with the IRA.
Old 02-04-09, 02:39 PM   #1219
davepreston

Quote:
div hq ni, army hq whitehall, standard ni brief day 1
take your pick its well known within the forces
Old 02-04-09, 02:50 PM   #1220
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I'd say it sounds about right. The british army can get away with murder so let things slip, the IRA do get away with murder because they don't!
I'm guessing dave has experience with both, you were/are in the army right dave? And anyone that's lived in certain parts of ireland has brushings with the IRA.
fully fledged dirty civi now lol
they use money ,exrortion ,sympathisors and force to gain intel they also have no rules to abide by which the forces obviously do. their internal security is **** hot too with special interorgators who again do as they please , dont get me wrong the forces are good at what they do but to run a illegal organisation on the scale of the ira takes some serious planning and control