SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 05-04-09, 11:22 PM   #1
Holdup

Default Licence Requirements

I want to do a track day but looking on the website of one of my local tracks and it says that i cannot track as i have a restricted licence

Is there any companies that any one knows of and could suggest to me that do not mind me having a restricted licence so i can se if they are coming to a track near me.

Thanks
Old 06-04-09, 09:04 AM   #2
Mej
Mega Poster

Default Re: Licence Requirements

I am in the same situation, havent found any companies yet,

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 09:31 AM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

there are some 'hot traxx'? possibly been ages since I enquires. Pennine massive are going to be organising a novice trackday soon if you fancy popping along.
Old 06-04-09, 10:55 AM   #4
plowsie

Hottrax let Ady on with a restricted licence, speak to Chris 8886, he'll tell you who does and doesn't.
Old 06-04-09, 03:14 PM   #5
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

No Limits and Hottrax are the main organisers that allow restricted licenses on. Although it is often down to the track aswell. For example you can't go to Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, Snetterton and Cadwell i beleive.
Old 06-04-09, 04:45 PM   #6
arcdef

Glad i saw this as i was about to go book a track day lol, will have to check further now.
Old 07-04-09, 10:07 PM   #7
chris8886
Mega Poster

yeh, i did a few with hottrax and the had no problems. i did silverstone gp (which was great despite being restricted on a track with long straights) and mallory park. i also did lydden and raf northolt. all on the sv while restricted, i know there are other tracks too, but they're just the ones i did. and keep at it as it gets even better when you're not restricted any more!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 10:18 PM   #8
Jamiebridges123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
No Limits and Hottrax are the main organisers that allow restricted licenses on. Although it is often down to the track aswell. For example you can't go to Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, Snetterton and Cadwell i beleive.
Yes, I believe this is the case.

I'm also kind of worried. (And sorry to derail the thead, really. )

As a reward for passing my test my old man said he'd get us a trackday together. He's somewhat of a 'regular' (when I say that, he knows the chap who does the No Limits stuff fairly well) and I was just wondering about hiring a bike. I don't want to risk stuffing my machine just for the sake of chewed tyre edges to show off down at the pub!

I heard there's a £250 (refundable) deposit on top of the cost of the track day itself, which, even if I lose it, makes it good value since I could inevitably lose £thousands if I binned my own machine. It'd be somethiing like an R6.. can restricted licence users still rent a bike? I hear some places don't even bother checking for restrictions, just that you have a licence etc..

Again sorry to semi-derail your thread.. I just felt it'd be better than starting a new one?
Old 07-04-09, 10:22 PM   #9
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiebridges123 View Post
There should be no problem hiring a track prepped Gixxer 600 or the like. You'll probably be amazed at how much faster you can go through the corners than on your SV aswell.

I was never asked to even show my license when i went to Rockingham. I was in inters though, so they might be more vigilant if you're in novices for example.

Best thing to do is to phone the TD organisers to check. IIRC they have no problem with it though. Although i think they might just pay close attention to you on your first few laps to make sure you're capable.
Old 08-04-09, 12:11 AM   #10
Holdup

I dont know why they are bothered tbh, only place i found so far is Ron Haslam at Donningtion, will look into some of the companies above

Thanks