SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-10-09, 04:17 PM   #1
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Hovis' Funeral Arrangments

I've been asked if I could sticky a thread here with the funeral arrangements,

Mogs has already posted in the RIP Thread, but theres a danger of it getting lost in amongst all the posts.

So details here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
Hi Peeps

I've just been over to Hovis' home. Mrs F is not alone she has friends with her, I passed on the sympathy from the whole of the org, I think she was able to draw some comfort that Dave was so well liked by so many people. She seemed releaved that Hovis' was taken so quickly as a result of a broken neck and would have known nothing about it.

The subject of the funeral came up, Mrs F would like as many who wish to attend do so on their bikes, all fully kitted up in leathers etc. The inquest is scheduled for tommorrow.

If people want to meet at my home before the funeral, to freshen up etc. you are most welcome.
I'm sure this will be updated as the rest of the details are made known.

Last edited by fizzwheel; 04-10-09 at 04:24 PM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 11:10 AM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hovis' Funeral Arrangments

Can I make a polite request ?

Do you think we could keep this thread just for the details as and when Mogs knows them.

Its going to be a little difficult to read the thread otherwise and I dont want anybody to miss out on any information that they might need.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 08-10-09, 02:02 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Hi

A few people have asked me about Hovis funeral arrangements. So Just a quick update from me to say that at present we still do not know when the Funeral is likely to be. As soon as the details are made know to us rest assured this thread will be updated with the details.

Thanks

Fizz

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 10-10-09, 07:22 PM   #4
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Dear Org

Today, myself and Lily have had the privilege to spend some time with Hovis's mum and some of his very close family. I have passed on all the Orgs condolences and wishes and she was quite touched by it all.

The reason that I am writing this message is that we spoke also about the funeral arrangements and they said they were happy for us to pass on an update. Please note, there is still no confirmed date, but it is likely to be the end of this week coming or the start of the week after. However, even without a date we do have further information.

The funeral will be held in Hovis's very small village. Our original concern was that there would not be enough room. However, having spoken with the family they have confirmed this won't be an issue as there is a pub opposite the church of which the car park can apparently be used. Should there still be too many bikes, then a family member (who is a policeman) is arranging for possible police supervision. The main request we have, is that all those who attend conduct themselves quietly and with dignity. I must ask that we have no engine revving, no burnouts, no wheelies, no dressing the bikes or ourselves up etc (beyond what we would normally wear); you probably get the idea! They just want a large amount of bikers to be there to simply show, with honour, their support for Joyce and to commemorate David. As said above, the church is small and so few people will be able to see the service and I ask that the family and close friends obviously be given the opportunity first.

I have promised the family that all the bikers attending will conduct themselves in an honorable and respectful manner befitting the occasion. For Joyce, can I please ask that all those who can make it do, to show in numbers the respect and admiration that we all held for Hovis.

Please may I finally ask that NO ONE replies to this thread. This is to ensure it doesn't get lost and so that I can post an update when received without having to get Fizz to unlock etc.

Can you please PM (letting me know if you will be in car or bike) if you are wishing to attend so I can pass on possible numbers to the family so that they are aware of numbers and what policing / arrangements need to be made. I will be linking this post to the other forums so they are aware. The address will also be provided shortly.

If you have any questions at all, then please do not post openly but simply PM me or Lily and we will answer them as best as we can.

Thank you all for being patient.

Drew & Lily X

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"

Last edited by Drew Carey; 10-10-09 at 08:24 PM.
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-09, 10:05 AM   #5
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

I know that many are anxious to know when the date is, however the funeral details are to be finalised very soon. As soon as we know, you will do. Theres been some debate recently over whether people feel like it is appropriate for them to attend, I shall simply say this. It does not matter how well you did or didn’t know him, if you wish to attend to simply pay your respects, then you are welcome to do so. That’s exactly what I and many others that knew Hovis will be doing.

I would please ask that due to the limited seating in the church, we do not take seats away from family and friends that were closer to David than we were. I know this may mean some people will not be able to see the service, but family and close friends come first.

Again, please do not respond to this thread but simply PM me if you want to discuss anything.

Drew

Old 14-10-09, 03:34 PM   #6
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

All

I have been contacted by the family and the funeral is to be on Wednesday the 21st October.

The details I have currently are as follows:

- The funeral will take place at 12pm at the Eglwysilan Parish Church. There is no address for the actual church as the address given is for the rectory. I will post a map link this evening to where it is.
- Once the funeral has finished, the procession will then move for a Cremation service at 1:30pm at Glyntaff Crematorium, Cemetary Road, Pontypridd, CF37 4BE

The church is very small and to that end can we please request that we stand aside to allow the family to take their rightful place in the church. I will be speaking to the family soon regarding finite details and arrangements. There is also a possibility that due to numbers and location there may be a police presence to supervise. To make things easier, Mogs has kindly agreed to meet up with people. I will post up later this evening a link to where this is and times that they will be leaving.

Once I know more information I will pass this onto you all. Can I also ask that any questions again you raise via a PM to me. Also, should you have already mentioned to me you will be attending, but can no longer make it, please PM me.

Drew

Old 14-10-09, 06:21 PM   #7
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

As mentioned, here are links to the three locations;

Initial meeting point is the Asda Esso Petrol Station off M4 Junction 32. To leave by 11:15am

Initial Meet Point

Church

Crematorium

Old 15-10-09, 08:44 AM   #8
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

In case anyone is wandering, the family have requested that the flowers come from them only. They would rather that people make charitable donations. The details of these will be provided soon should anyone wish to donate.

Old 15-10-09, 11:06 AM   #9
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

If anyone is driving by car, then Jabba has kindly offered for people to go to his for a rest stop etc and to then sort out lift sharing to minimise the number of cars going to the church. Please PM him if you wish to do so.

Old 16-10-09, 08:23 AM   #10
lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Carey View Post
In case anyone is wandering, the family have requested that the flowers come from them only. They would rather that people make charitable donations. The details of these will be provided soon should anyone wish to donate.
The charity the family have picked is spina bifida, money pots will be at the church and crem, should anybody wish to donate