SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 09-05-10, 04:23 PM   #21
christopher

Default Re: Thundersprint 2010, 8/9 May

I'm also back, didn't stay too long in the end. Arrived about 11.30am and watched the cavalcade at midday, took a couple of photos and a video of the bikes passing. One of the racing sidecar blokes was doing handstands in the sidecar as it was going round... got a photo of that.

Then wandered down through the town looking at the stands and bikes, got some lunch from Sayers, headed over to the grandstands and it was packed. This was at 12.30pm so I stuck around a bit longer, watched the Spitfire pass over and attempted to watch a small bit of the actual Thundersprint racing but couldn't get a decent view so headed off by 2pm.

Called into the Lidl store on the way out and as per last year, they'd rounded up all the unsold motorbike stuff from around the country and were selling them off cheap(er). Bought myself their B Square Tank Bag which was £13 down from £19. Had loads of them left though Saturday's the day to get in there for clothes in the size you want, today they still had a few of the jackets pants boots gloves socks oversuits helmets and kidney belts left but mainly in L/XL sizes only.
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-10, 05:33 PM   #22
xXBADGERXx

Did say hello to Mr UKI but he blanked me , only ORGer I saw there , otherwise it was a bit "Meh" really and I was gutted to find out that they don`t actually race on the road itself . Bit Sh1te really compared to the likes of the NW200 .
Old 17-05-10, 08:40 PM   #23
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Did say hello to Mr UKI but he blanked me , only ORGer I saw there , otherwise it was a bit "Meh" really and I was gutted to find out that they don`t actually race on the road itself . Bit Sh1te really compared to the likes of the NW200 .
Really, where? Not on purpose mate honestly, didn't see you or recognise you
Old 17-05-10, 09:07 PM   #24
xXBADGERXx

Were you wearing a light Blue Suzuki Fleece ?
Old 17-05-10, 09:32 PM   #25
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Were you wearing a light Blue Suzuki Fleece ?
No mate, full leathers, then did a strip on top half so leather pants (with sleeves dangling behind) with back protector gilet thing. Relief, didn't blank you
Old 17-05-10, 09:36 PM   #26
Speedy Claire

I have to say i`d have been extremely surprised if Paul had blanked you.... he`s too nice a guy. Glad it`s a simple case of mistaken identify
Old 17-05-10, 09:56 PM   #27
xXBADGERXx

Phew , it`s ok then , it was somebody else I know thats blanked me then , thought it was you dude , even GenesisMike thought it was you as well . Please accept my apologies .
Old 17-05-10, 10:04 PM   #28
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Phew , it`s ok then , it was somebody else I know thats blanked me then , thought it was you dude , even GenesisMike thought it was you as well . Please accept my apologies .
No worries mate. I wouldn't have blanked you deliberately if it were me. Did you say hello or something? I don't remember anyone doing so, but was a while back . Thinking about it, I did have a Rizla jacket on for about 20mins early doors, but was too hot so my mum carried that in a bag for me
Old 17-05-10, 10:06 PM   #29
xXBADGERXx

I stood in front of you and said "Mr Uki" and got no response ..... I walked off thinking I had the wrong person , no matter anyway
Old 17-05-10, 10:11 PM   #30
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
I stood in front of you and said "Mr Uki" and got no response ..... I walked off thinking I had the wrong person , no matter anyway
Ah well, hope it weren't me, biggo apologies if it was squire, would have been good to speak again. Don't think i've seen you since GM2!