SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-04-11, 07:05 PM   #11
Sudoxe

Default Re: Oh mighty Org I need your help!

If you can't cook, and don't have prep time save yourself the trouble. Pop down to Marks & Spencer, you can buy meat/fish ready to go in the oven, same as potatoes and veg. Simple instructions, and you can't fsck it up!

That lets you sit back and have a good night, rather than worry about cooking.
Old 04-04-11, 07:14 PM   #12
metalangel

Okay, here's two things you can do:

FAJITAS:
-buy some of the seasoning mix (Discovery do little packs of it), two chicken boobs, a proper sized pepper, and whatever else you want in it (guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, grated cheese etc). Also get six or eight (depending on appetite!) flour tortilla wraps.
-prepare the 'whatever else' if it needs chopping. Also, chop your chicken and peppers up. Chicken into chunks as big as you'd eat with a fork without having to cut it, peppers a bit smaller.
-put a tablespoon of oil into a pan, and heat the pan up until the first wisps of smoke appear.
-throw the diced pepper into the pan in and fry them until they start to blacken.
-remove the slightly blackened pepper pieces into a bowl or something.
-add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, and put the chicken in. IMMEDIATELY put the seasoning (as much as you dare!) on top and keep stirring and turning so it coats the chicken.
-after a few minutes, put the peppers back in.
-cut open a chunk of chicken: when it's white inside, it's cooked.
-serve it up!

REMEMBER that fajitas are folded into a pocket, NOT a tube! Fold the bottom up, then fold the sides in.

ROAST DINNER
-Buy a roasting chicken (1.5kg or so), some potatoes, some parsnips, and whatever you like to go with your roasts (I don't know what you like, I like sprouts, some people don't, maybe some carrots and peas?) and a pack of Paxo stuffing. Gravy granules if you want, too. A lot of these things are sold pre-chopped in ASDA or wherever if you don't want to chop!
-The chicken will tell you how long to cook it for on the label.
-cut your potatoes up so they're just about bitesize, maybe bigger. Cut the parnsips into longer pieces.
-make the stuffing (add water and stir, seriously, that's all) and shove it into the chicken's bum.
-put the chicken into the oven (remember to cut the string on the legs!) in a roasting tray with all the potatoes and parsnips strewn around it. Salt and pepper the veg if you like.
-generally speaking, stuff like peas and carrots takes about 15-20 minutes to cook, so if your chicken is due at 19:30, start them at 19:10.
-If you're feeling brave, flip the chicken over when it's got 20 or 30 minutes left, so the juices flow into the breast.
-smother in gravy (if you wanted some) and serve!

(I've just typed these from memory, I hope I made them easy enough to follow)

Last edited by metalangel; 04-04-11 at 07:26 PM. Reason: forgot grated cheese for fajitas! essential!
Old 04-04-11, 07:14 PM   #13
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

have a go at this

two chicken breasts wrap them in parma ham, cut an onion and red pepper roughly (1 inch size bits) and put in baking tray. pour over a tin of chopped plum tomato's and half a tin of chicken stock mix (same tin the tomato's came out of) with chopped tomato's add 3 or 4 bay leaves and put in the oven for half an hour (helps if you turn on the oven to 180 and let it pre heat while your doing the prep work). Half way through add a handfull of fresh mushrooms.

Then its a case of boiling potatos pasta or rice to have with it while its on

once the buzzer go's off take out the chicken and let it sit while you pour the sauce into a pan and add a little bit of cornflower to it stiring while you do (mix cornflour with water before pouring in)

Then serve. its dead simple and tastes great

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )

Last edited by carelesschucca; 04-04-11 at 07:17 PM.
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 07:32 PM   #14
2000curvy

Starter,

Doritos on a plate, spoon over some salsa, a few chopped spring onions if you wish, grated mature cheddar on top, freshly ground pepper, and under the grill until it is melted. Une piece du pi55 as they say in Paris (probably)

Main

Shepherds pie. Chop up and boil potatoes, dont forget a pinch of salt. Brown mince and leave to drain. Fry some chopped onion and add the mince when the onion is soft. Put into a flat dish and sprinkle a crushed oxo cube over it. Put a tin of baked beans over it (yes really!!) Spoon over the mashed potato and add some more cheese. Cook on a medium heat until golden brown and serve with garden peas with some gravy.

For dessert go to Sains/Asda/Tesco and get a chocolate dessert/cheescake with single cream. Remember, we are blokes, we don't do poncey desserts.

I can't believe I have just typed this into a motorbike forum!!

Hope that helps

Nick
2000curvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 07:44 PM   #15
ChrisSV

Rice an sea bass is dead easy and don't take long.
Go buy yourself some seabass fillets from the supermarket (morrisons is good), bung em in the oven for 20mins (gas mark 5 or 6).
Then boil some rice on the hob in a pot.

Once all done, put the rice on the plate and lay the fish on top.

Okay, it's not the most colourful dish but it's easy, fast and tastes gooooood
Old 04-04-11, 07:56 PM   #16
irons

salmon with mixed herbs, new potatoes with parsley sauce and veg, cooked it tonight from start to finish in 30 minutes and the best bit is you dont have to do much at all
Old 04-04-11, 09:28 PM   #17
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuk1 View Post
Hell yes, fajitas are the way forward, chuck some chicken in the hot wok, get that cooked almost through, then chuck the sauce in and finish off the meat in that.

Once done, warm fajita wraps in microwave for a couple of mins and then chuck re stuff in them with some salad (perhaps cook some peppers in with the chicken and sauce)

Then under the grill with some grated cheese on top of the rolled up wraps...

I'm dribbling already.... And she will love it!
Cook the chicken with peppers and onions, amazing

You're dribbling? She'll be dripping
Old 05-04-11, 01:10 PM   #18
metalangel

Well? What are you doing? And tell us what she does to you afterwards!
Old 05-04-11, 01:32 PM   #19
Stenno

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
Okay, here's two things you can do:

FAJITAS:
-buy some of the seasoning mix (Discovery do little packs of it), two chicken boobs, a proper sized pepper, and whatever else you want in it (guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, grated cheese etc). Also get six or eight (depending on appetite!) flour tortilla wraps.
-prepare the 'whatever else' if it needs chopping. Also, chop your chicken and peppers up. Chicken into chunks as big as you'd eat with a fork without having to cut it, peppers a bit smaller.
-put a tablespoon of oil into a pan, and heat the pan up until the first wisps of smoke appear.
-throw the diced pepper into the pan in and fry them until they start to blacken.
-remove the slightly blackened pepper pieces into a bowl or something.
-add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, and put the chicken in. IMMEDIATELY put the seasoning (as much as you dare!) on top and keep stirring and turning so it coats the chicken.
-after a few minutes, put the peppers back in.
-cut open a chunk of chicken: when it's white inside, it's cooked.
-serve it up!

REMEMBER that fajitas are folded into a pocket, NOT a tube! Fold the bottom up, then fold the sides in.
(I've just typed these from memory, I hope I made them easy enough to follow)
Fajitas all the way! As above, buy a Discovery or El Paso Pack etc with 8 wraps, seasoning and salsa. I usually start with an oily pan, chucking in diced onion until browning, and then long cuts of red pepper, carrot and chopped mushrooms.
Next I chuck in the Quorn chicken style pieces that I had frying in another pan. Chuck in the seasoning too. Remember to keep turning at all times.
Set the table with plates, sour cream, guacamole, grated cheese, warmed tortilla wraps and cutlery. Maybe some white wine and potato wedges too.

To make, stick a warm tortilla on your warmed plate. With the sour cream spoon, spread some on the left hand side of the tortilla. With the guacamole spoon, spread some in the top centre to middle. Next spoon your veg and quorn/meat mix into the guacamole mix. Sprinkle cheese on top. The fold the right side over to the opposite of your mix. Then fold the bottom up. Then fold the left hand sour cream side over which acts as a glue. Then eat!
Old 05-04-11, 01:37 PM   #20
Stenno

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Last edited by Stenno; 05-04-11 at 01:38 PM.