SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-03-12, 12:03 PM   #1
SV400Rob

Default Datatool alarm help needed.

Hello!

I need your help, urgently!

I've got a K3 sv650s with a datatool alarm. I've been having some battery problems and I've taken the battery off the bike and had it on charge. I've come to re-fit it today, no problems so far. Turn the ignition on to start it up and nothing, battery is completely dead. So disconnect the battery again and the alarm starts chirping even though the battery isn't connected. The question is how do I stop it chirping?! The fob doesn't seem to be doing anything when I press it and when I tried to connect the battery again the alarm started screaming away.

However whilst typing this the alarm has stopped chirping. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it is doing this and is it going to start chirping again if I don't do anything else?

Thanks in advance.
SV400Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12, 02:36 PM   #2
monkey

Default Re: Alarm Help needed!

You didn't say what model alarm.

It's probably that the alarm has a tiny bit of charge in the internal battery. By connecting the main battery (presumably it has a little charge in it at least) you have caused the alarm to go off. If its regular chirping it would suggest you put it in service mode before you removed the battery.

Once you have a good battery on the bike again let us know what happens. If it's an older datatool you might have to de-spike it.
Old 29-03-12, 02:39 PM   #3
monkey

Default Re: Alarm Help needed!

It almost definitely won't start chirping again. The internal battery has probably run out now. Every time you connect a battery though it'll take a little juice from it.

Have a look at the Dataool website. It had pretty much everything you need to know.
Old 30-03-12, 10:58 AM   #4
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Datatool alarm help needed.

I have a C4 Red Alarm by Datatool, the Fob has two buttons on it and to put the alarm into service mode is simple.

Switch on the ignition.
press and hold both buttons on the key fob at the same time.
hold for ten seconds.
The Alarm will chirp to let you know it is ready.
Switch off ignition.

I can then remove the battery. It is well worth checking your fuse box too, some times depending on the model there is enough residual current that you may need to remove the fuse to prevent damage. I do not have to do this, but I have heard of some who do.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.

Last edited by Jayneflakes; 30-03-12 at 11:00 AM.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 06:38 PM   #5
SV400Rob

sorry for the lake of response, I'd had exams last week. anyway it's all sorted now with a new battery

Thanks for the replies ;D
SV400Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 03:57 PM   #6
kwak zzr

mines just come back from the stealer with the same problem, battery was dead, went to move bike, alarm went off couldnt shut the f-ing thing up! after 2 hours i called streetbike to come get it lol was just a flat battery so they charged it up and removed £60 from my bank account lol