SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-10-11, 06:41 PM   #11
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: GSR750 - Review

Needs a bellypan to cover up the exhaust gubbins, but otherwise a nice looking bike
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 01:45 PM   #12
TheRamJam
Mega Poster

Nice bike you have there! Nice Arrow pipe too

Keep an eye on the EXCV valve in the exhaust. On my GSXR it kept on sticking even after a new set of headers was fitted. I ended up ripping mine out. Just had to pull a wire from the ECU to stop the FI light thinking its a fault but the bike is much better now.
Yamaha MT 10 - Sold

Current Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory
TheRamJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 07:46 PM   #13
TazDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamJam View Post

Keep an eye on the EXCV valve in the exhaust. On my GSXR it kept on sticking even after a new set of headers was fitted. I ended up ripping mine out. Just had to pull a wire from the ECU to stop the FI light thinking its a fault but the bike is much better now.
+1...had to rip mine out when one of the cables basically snapped.

Makes no difference to performance and most gsxr riders rip it all out straight away.
Old 21-05-12, 10:50 AM   #14
Ian_UK

Getting mine at the end of the month. Already ordered a Tail tidy. How did you find the exhaust? I am really struggling to find any info on this subject (GSR Specific). I was thinking: http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/suzuki/g...er_-_e-marked/ - anyone had any experience with these (French Devil Exhaust Company seems to have gone bust in 2007 and are still so - but loads of big retailers still selling - which is odd!)
Old 21-05-12, 01:14 PM   #15
carpet monster

Looks like a sod to keep clean!
Old 21-05-12, 01:21 PM   #16
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamJam View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazDaz View Post
+1...had to rip mine out when one of the cables basically snapped.

Makes no difference to performance and most gsxr riders rip it all out straight away.
Wow, wires snapping on such a new bike?

the Z750 has a silly valve in its exhaust, which is easily disabled, Scorpion can provide a part that fools the bike into thinking the cables are still attached.

Or if you get a bit hamfisted while investigating this function, by taking the servo apart and rotating the large geared wheel on the inside 180 degrees the bike doesnt complain about the missing valve, all without having to butcher the ECU connections.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 12:14 AM   #17
heros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_UK View Post
Getting mine at the end of the month. Already ordered a Tail tidy. How did you find the exhaust? I am really struggling to find any info on this subject (GSR Specific). I was thinking: http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/suzuki/g...er_-_e-marked/ - anyone had any experience with these (French Devil Exhaust Company seems to have gone bust in 2007 and are still so - but loads of big retailers still selling - which is odd!)
i got mine from http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/ i got a ixil hyperlow xl, first time i had used them and no problems
Old 22-05-12, 12:32 AM   #18
grimey121uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_UK View Post
When I first got the bike it was a pain to find a compatible end can as the GSR750 had been out for only a few weeks however I think most companies do one now. Compared with the standard can the Arrow one is louder and deeper however it only makes a big difference in terms of sound once the exhaust valve opens up around 6000rpm. Its also a fair big lighter than the standard can not that it will make much of a difference with me sat on it.