SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-03-13, 08:26 AM   #21
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: Amitriptyline

Hazel is the same as lph monthly migraine and no there's nothing that can be done other than treating the headache when it comes.
Pregnancy stops the migraines but that's probably a bit extreme as a long term cure lol.
Old 02-03-13, 08:32 AM   #22
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

There's the answer......have a baby!

Joking aside, its not fun being female. I'm sure some guys would prefer to have us shot or put to sleep, when we turn into the dragon monster once a month*

*that's once a month for a three week period A week's peace and you might be lucky!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 10:29 AM   #23
Phil 1

I had tramadol when I was in hospital last year for appendicitis. That had a similar effect on me in that I was getting incredibly vivid nightmares but it affected me during the day too if I dozed off for a moment or two I'd have really bad vivid dreams for 30 seconds or so. I came off it straight away once I realised what it was and just stuck with paracetamol.
Old 02-03-13, 12:40 PM   #24
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Hazel is the same as lph monthly migraine and no there's nothing that can be done other than treating the headache when it comes.
Pregnancy stops the migraines but that's probably a bit extreme as a long term cure lol.
Yes and you only need to have one LPH.
You can sell it for camera gear
Old 02-03-13, 03:39 PM   #25
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post

There's the answer......have a baby!

Form an orderly queue here.

Do we need a poll?

Daytime/nightime bookings, preferred hair/eye colour, on top/underneath....you get the jist.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 08:34 PM   #26
Airwolf

i've been taking them since january, as i had a very severe headache just before new years, was in hospital for two days. never had migrines.
they have class it as a migrinus headache!
so far i would say its not gone yet, i am up to 50mgs at the moment.
when i was on the 10,20,30 mgs my head felt very fuzzy.
now i'm on 50mgs i am starting to feel a bit more normal, i am hoping anyway.
no real side affects as yet, but at this 50mgs, do get the dry mouth, mainly in the mornings.
Old 02-03-13, 11:17 PM   #27
Bibio
Mega Poster

yes yes the docs say its migraines well thats what they told my wife for 30 years.. hhhmmmm

anyway amatrampolines do give you vivid dreams
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 09:43 PM   #28
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmonkey View Post
My advice don't put into your body, my doctor tried to give it me I took one 20mg tablet I felt really bad totally out of it, my brain basically stopped fuctioning its takes away who you are. Its a tricylic anitdepresent, it basically works by acting on your CNS and depressing the CNS activity, so as the fuction is decreased its also acts on the pain recpetors in your brain, hence you feel less pain but the side effects are really bad.

I'd really try to find out the cause rather than taking these dam things, thats why I stopped taking them. I taken diazepam as its a muscle relaxant along with another pain killer which do the short term job whilst I'm having loads of test done. Goodluck, hope you feel better soon

You can`t say that just based on your experience!!!!! Just because you suffered some side effects doesn`t mean nobody should take it..... not everybody will experience the same side effects you unfortunately did.

I`ve been taking it for about 6 years now and it can be an excellent painkiller. It works really well on nerve pain which is the reason I take it and it has an added bonus of helping me sleep as I have a condition which stops me going into phase 4 deep sleep.

I take 20mg a night and have functioned fine in all the time I`ve been on it. I do have quite weird dreams but that doesn`t bother me and the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages.

One side effect is it can increase your boob size.... thats definitely one that I didn`t need
Old 03-03-13, 11:13 PM   #29
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

What!? I read it can make you gain weight but I was hoping cutting out wine would help keep my weight in check. I definitely don't want larger mammaries. They've already gone up a cupsize every decade.

Any minute now Christopher and Hong will be suggesting I weigh them. Not for the first time.
Old 04-03-13, 09:09 AM   #30
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
What!? I read it can make you gain weight but I was hoping cutting out wine would help keep my weight in check. I definitely don't want larger mammaries. They've already gone up a cupsize every decade.

Any minute now Christopher and Hong will be suggesting I weigh them. Not for the first time.
How quaint, you name them both
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote