SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-03-17, 03:54 PM   #341
UKBob23

Default Re: Trackday project K3

Awesome. thanks for you the answers. I'll get all the basics done first and run my first trackday on the SV and then set about looking to upgrade the suspension. Did you deliberately choose a 2006/2007 year shock or will a 2015 be the same size? Seem to be plenty of new 2015/2016 shocks going for about £65 on ebay. If that will fit I may snap one up to fit once I've got the other stuff done.
Old 09-03-17, 04:56 PM   #342
UKBob23

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...57#post3065257

Thread here
Old 09-03-17, 09:06 PM   #343
Redmist

No the later ones wont fit! There is a compatibility chart somewhere on the forum.
The 06/07 was the easiest to fit on road going sv's.

I'll be back soon with more info.

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 09:32 PM   #344
Redmist

So at last we were back out racing!

Qualifying went ok and I managed a mid pack start of the 17 or so rookie minitwins.

First race was damp and so I used my local knowledge and maybe some experience of dry tyres on damp tarmac to good use. After a a good start and fending of a challenge, I managed a 3rd place finish!

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

I peaked early it seems!

Race 2 was dry but I was still winding up the times and some who held back in the wet were now making up for it and so I managed 8th.

Sunday was good tho, improved my times into the 1m48s and managed two 6th place finishes.

The first of which should've been a fifth, but well the video will explain
YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Overall a mega weekend, the unexpected trophy and meeting up with the Faith Fueled Team was a recipe for smiles all round!

Can't wait to go again but sadly I will be waiting a while, as without sponsorship I will only be back out in August at Oulton.

Pics from the event:

Old 24-04-17, 08:47 AM   #345
UKBob23

Great Photo's and well done on a podium finish!
Old 24-05-17, 09:02 PM   #346
Redmist

The weekend just gone saw the Bemsee crowd descending on Snetterton race circuit on Norfolk.

Having never been, it was with some nervousness that I rolled out to qualify and see where the track actually went!

But I managed a reasonable 11th place to line up on the grid.

Race 1 on Saturday was terrible, after a great start, my eagerness took me too deep into almost every slow corner and I lost time over an over again.
So ended up in a lonely 12th.

Work to be done if I wanted to get into the top ten, my target for all the weekends racing.

So race 2, I managed to calm down and start to work on finding the lines, I enjoyed it a lot more and finished in 10th place and was catching the two ahead but with only 5 laps in the race, I ran out of time.

Now, Sunday.
Race 3.
To explain some more about our Rookie races. We are mixed in with the non- rookie Thunder Sport class. Made up of all sorts, like old R6s, Ducati 749s and others which meet the power to weight regulation of that class.

So what that means is that you can end up racing someone not in your actual race, and lose the others you should be racing up the road until you can clear the traffic.

Race 3 came and after doing the above, I found three fellow rookies dead ahead with about 3 laps to go. It was time to see what I could make of it.
Thats where we pick up in this video:

YouTube Video

As you can tell, much fun and I'm not dissapointed to have ended up in 11th even though I should have managed an 8th or 9th, I'd rather have a go than sit back. Of course, plenty to take away for next time, but you can't beat a good ding dong, no matter where you finish!

Race 4 was alright, I was already thinking about bringing home the bike in one piece and so had another poor finish but still managed some dicing with a fellow Rookie, ending up in 12th again.

So not what I wanted in terms of results, but finally I proved to myself I can "race" and get stuck in when needed.

Onwards to Oulton Park (I'm skipping Brands GP due to other commitments) another track I've never been to either so should be just as interesting!

Thanks all, God bless, Mike.

Old 26-05-17, 09:12 PM   #347
DomP

Default Re: Trackday project K4

That was pretty entertaining! How has F1 become so famous when this goes on at race tracks all over the UK. If that's rookie racing I wouldn't I'd stand a chance.

Hats off to you Mike

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 29-06-17, 09:11 AM   #348
Hapo

...glad to have stumbled across this...!!!...top...!!!... .!..!.
Old 03-07-17, 03:50 PM   #349
UKBob23

How did you sort out the side stand switch when you put the track fairing on? Simple bypass?
Old 03-07-17, 06:27 PM   #350
Redmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBob23 View Post
How did you sort out the side stand switch when you put the track fairing on? Simple bypass?
Yes mate easy as that!