SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-11-17, 03:40 PM   #2801
SVSte
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Greater Manchester
Posts: 48
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I went to see Gorillaz in Brighton last night. Originally was planning to stay overnight but a hospital appointment meant I had to return home after the show. I checked out of my hotel at 11.30pm and on the walk back to my car whi should I bump into but Damon Albarn waiting for his car to arrive. It pulled up as I passed him but he was still happy to stop for a quick photo.

I first saw Blur about 27 years ago but this is the first time I've met him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Right place right time lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
__________________
Them V-twins Just Love um

_____________
SV650 AL7
SVSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-17, 07:16 AM   #2802
shiftin_gear98
Member
 
shiftin_gear98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Stansted Mountfitchet CM24
Posts: 530
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

New Jacket Day!! Yay.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-17, 11:06 AM   #2803
ophic
Member
Mega Poster
 
ophic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Whyteleafe
Posts: 3,358
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I went to see Gorillaz in Brighton last night. Originally was planning to stay overnight but a hospital appointment meant I had to return home after the show. I checked out of my hotel at 11.30pm and on the walk back to my car whi should I bump into but Damon Albarn waiting for his car to arrive. It pulled up as I passed him but he was still happy to stop for a quick photo.

I first saw Blur about 27 years ago but this is the first time I've met him.
Sure it wasn't his stunt double?
__________________
Silver SV650SK3, Fuel exhaust
ophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 12:54 PM   #2804
Red ones
Member
Mega Poster
 
Red ones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 1,408
Default Smile of the day - What is yours?

Online Christmas shopping isn't going too well for someone. After several attempts to get their eBay pin they've decided to now get eBay customer service in California to phone me to sort it out for them.

I'm not sure whether I should tell them they have the wrong number.

They should have gone to a shopping centre.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 03:33 PM   #2805
maviczap
Member
Mega Poster
 
maviczap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,868
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Online Christmas shopping isn't going too well for someone. After several attempts to get their eBay pin they've decided to now get eBay customer service in California to phone me to sort it out for them.

I'm not sure whether I should tell them they have the wrong number.

They should have gone to a shopping centre.
__________________
We're riding out tonight to case the promised land
Make everyday count
RIP Reeder - Jolly Green Giant and comedy genius
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 07:48 AM   #2806
shiftin_gear98
Member
 
shiftin_gear98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Stansted Mountfitchet CM24
Posts: 530
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Almost died this morning, can't quite believe the car didn't make contact. Gotta be worth smiling about.


Leaving A10, going up slip road, looking for lights on the roundabout the whole way up (it's a dark roundabout with **** poor street lights so car lights are really obvious to see), get the top, I have slowed but don't intend to stop. (Yeah I know) I'm looking right the whole time. Can't see anything.




**** me sideways there is a black car right there, can't quite believe we didn't collide. Either their lights are really **** poor, or my brain over ruled my eyes as I was sure there was nothing there from coming up the slip lane.


Anyhow, ride safe folks - that was a close one even by my standards.


What really made me smile was that the car made evasive manoeuvres then must have composed themselves. After about 10 seconds they then gave me a blast of the horn for good measure.


Still chuckling now.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 07:46 PM   #2807
pookie
Member
 
pookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Essex
Posts: 936
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

bad drivers always feel the need to blame other people for their mistakes.
__________________
"an unedifying exercise in postmodern, operatic grunge"
Was - 2000 Candy blue sv650s -2003 Sonic silver sv1000s
Gone - 2007 Wildfire Orange Ninja zx6r
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 08:12 PM   #2808
SV650rules
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Shropshire UK
Posts: 701
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
bad drivers always feel the need to blame other people for their mistakes.

I have seen a few cars driving without lights on in last few weeks, also favourite trick of people with DRL is to use them instead of headlights, but numpties don't realise their rear lights are not lit up.
__________________
SV650 AL7

Fear knocked on the door, Hope answered and when he opened the door there was nobody there.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"- Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 08:49 PM   #2809
Chris_SVS
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 154
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I have seen a few cars driving without lights on in last few weeks, also favourite trick of people with DRL is to use them instead of headlights, but numpties don't realise their rear lights are not lit up.
I see DRL/No lights cars daily.

The driving test has to be too easy
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 09:52 PM   #2810
Kenzie
Member
 
Kenzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Posts: 798
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

I saw one with drl tonight. Car behind was flashing her but she wasn't paying attention.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what made me smile kiggles Idle Banter 1 07-04-11 09:00 PM
Smile :o) Speedy Claire Idle Banter 5 07-10-10 08:21 AM
To make you smile gruntygiggles Idle Banter 7 03-06-10 12:45 PM
Smile... the_lone_wolf 2009 Annual Rideout 14 31-07-09 01:01 AM
First smile kitkat Photos 12 08-02-09 08:55 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.