SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-09-18, 06:51 PM   #3371
Heorot

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

When I was 62 I went to the doctor for something else and he suggested, given my age, that I should start having annual PSA tests. For 3 years they came back in the normal range but in 2014 I had an annual test, a 6 month test and a 3 month test because the levels were rising above normal. I was referred to the hospital for tests and had a urine flow test and the finger of fate followed by an MRI scan which showed a quarter of the prostate was cancerous but it was all confined within it. I was offered an immediate operation but decided on radiation treatment instead: seven weeks of daily treatments starting in early 2015.

Afterwards my PSA was nil. Six monthly checks show a slow rise with the aim of it not being higher than 2.5 but the last one last week was only 0.5.

I am convinced that the advice my doctor gave me has saved my life. I wouldn't have started the tests without his advice as there is no history of prostate cancer in my family.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 08:20 PM   #3372
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Drinking tea and coffee, ( which are diuretics ) can make urine more concentrated and trigger the bladder to urinate ( a small amount of concentrated urine has same affect as much larger volume of more dilute urine as a trigger ). Not drinking enough water and having concentrated urine is bad for prostate.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 08:59 PM   #3373
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

At least you don't feel like someone has parked a chilled Ford Fiesta up your chuff them poked around up there with a sharp stick. Welcome to smear tests.

I had a routine test at 22, had no symptoms but some pre cancerous cells were found. I had surgery and have been all clear ever since. But nowadays they don't test you until you are 25. Had I waited that long my cells would have already been advanced like Jade Goody.

Sure it's not the most fun way to spend 20 minutes but I prefer that to visiting the dentist. Get your wives to get a regular test.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 20-09-18, 10:20 AM   #3374
zsv650s

He's not a professional orater which is why Americans love him I think they got tired of people guilding turds.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 10:53 AM   #3375
zsv650s

CNN
Old 20-09-18, 11:16 AM   #3376
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
He's not a professional orater which is why Americans love him I think they got tired of people guilding turds.
You are absolutely right. All over the world "we" are sick of professional politicians. You only have to look at Trump, Emmanuel Macron who came from seemingly nowhere and the last two Italian elections. If our politicians want to remain credible they need to get out of the little bubble they live in and join our world and speak our language. Two different examples of the Bubble effect 1 DC giving the public a brexit referendum sure and safe in the knowledge the vote would be yes, 2 the banning of sale of battery acid except by licenced traders and sale by post, do they really believe the thieving scum buy it new when the rest of us know they just steal another moped or go to the scrap yard.
Old 20-09-18, 11:19 AM   #3377
Bibio
Mega Poster

i dont get it... Bush Jr was a complete bumbling fool and worse than Trump but still the public sorry media cant wait to put him down, lets not even go there with R Reagan.. FFS we have Boris J and STILL put up with him. you dont have to like someone to resect their position.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 11:56 AM   #3378
zsv650s

He's alright certainly a step up from Hillary people get carried away with hysteria around him just everybody calm the **** down and get on with your lives.
Old 20-09-18, 01:01 PM   #3379
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i dont get it... Bush Jr was a complete bumbling fool and worse than Trump but still the public sorry media cant wait to put him down, lets not even go there with R Reagan.. FFS we have Boris J and STILL put up with him. you dont have to like someone to resect their position.
I used to be a republican before RR then I realised that our voters could do just the same given the opportunity to elect our head of state.

Last edited by littleoldman2; 20-09-18 at 01:04 PM.
littleoldman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 02:40 PM   #3380
Bibio
Mega Poster

yes but at least he does it openly. whether he is right or wrong he is trying to get the USA back on its feet which is no easy task considering the current state of world wide affairs.

i really dont get this whole media slandering of Trump.. he is the president of America whether you or i like it or not. i personally think its fekin hilarious what he gets upto.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote