SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-04-21, 11:25 AM   #9401
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

drivers stopping 10ft from the white line on junctions, light, roundabouts etc.etc.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 09:30 PM   #9402
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
THE DVLA

Not checked in on them in a while but did today and it's nice to see they're still a pack of inept fecal pipes.

Sent off my V5 to change address some months ago, told the delay is because they're dealing with some sort of virus round the office. Tax reminder obviously went to the old address, found out it's untaxed today. Can't tax it without a V5. Ring the DVLA they tell you to use their online chat, use the online chat they say they can't help over chat and you must ring them 'eventually you'll get through'. I did not get through(apparently, the staff are so sick to death of all this relaxing furlough they've planned a week of slightly less relaxing striking). Two Post Offices later,all the while ringing the DVLA I get taxes for an extra £25 fee*

*unless they just took my money to have me on as both the DVLA webchat and the first post office said this was impossible.
You have my sympathy if dealing wit the DVLA by telephone. I had a nightmare experience for months when my licence was revoked for sleep apnoea. Even though I got the hospital consultant to write to them telling them I was receiving treatment and fit to drive again ,it went on for months with telephone calls, and every time I rang the backlog they were dealing with never seemed to get any shorter, and even got longer sometimes ! I was continually fobbed off by some administrator and could never get through to their medical department to be able to sort it out. When my case must have eventually got through to the DVLA medical department I got a phone call from a doctor saying they couldn't understand what had been going on and my licence would be sent back the next day. They need to sort themselves out.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 11:00 PM   #9403
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I had this with the GSXR750 I bought a while back. I got the V5 through eventually... two weeks after I sold it.
After waiting two months to tax and use it I actually managed to get through to the DVLA on the phone and they told me I could tax it using the VIN. There had been no need for me to wait for the V5 like I'd been told by the DVLA originally.
That's what I did, so annoying they wasted your time too. No twit at the DVLA (web chat) said about the VIN thing. One post office said it was impossible, I just dropped lucky on trying another as I was pretty much in disbelief/sure there must be a way.
I'd explained I was a key worker and had no public transport routes to work to DVLA, they couldn't give a ****. To be honest I took a screen shot of my 2 hours worth of calls to them and Webchats and was seriously considering running the risk even though no policeman or court would have any empathy . Lack of insurance (through no tax?) despite the situation not really being my fault was the deal breaker

@DJ - I didn't know that, I think I'll do it. Hope they give me the £25 back I've incurred off the back of this.
Old 07-04-21, 11:05 PM   #9404
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
You have my sympathy if dealing wit the DVLA by telephone. I had a nightmare experience for months when my licence was revoked for sleep apnoea. Even though I got the hospital consultant to write to them telling them I was receiving treatment and fit to drive again ,it went on for months with telephone calls, and every time I rang the backlog they were dealing with never seemed to get any shorter, and even got longer sometimes ! I was continually fobbed off by some administrator and could never get through to their medical department to be able to sort it out. When my case must have eventually got through to the DVLA medical department I got a phone call from a doctor saying they couldn't understand what had been going on and my licence would be sent back the next day. They need to sort themselves out.
They really do. If that's where the tax is going (it's definitely not on the roads) , I'm a very unhappy customer.
I thought back to the right to drive conversation. Tax really annoys me that they've always made it a PITA (in this case they made it impossible) but it carries a sizeable fine and I think points too.. where as the vehicle safety check which in my eyes is pretty cirtical - is a small fine (or was). A mate who's a copper never used to MOT his car, he said a lot of his colleagues didn't (hopefully that was fabricated) but I know for sure he didn't - plum. Digressing into a different gripe there.
Old 09-04-21, 10:17 AM   #9405
embee
Mega Poster

Really odd phone call this morning. First reaction is always it's a scam, but I don't understand this one, anyone know anything?

9am - Landline call goes (British maybe slightly Welsh accent)
Them - Hello, BT here, we have a customer who is trying to call you but can't get through, we're just checking the line. It's a Mr.A.Parkes, do you know Mr. Parkes?

Me - Ermmm, .......(try to think what they're up to) ........ no.

Them - OK, thanks for that, sorry to take your time.

End.

Weird, must be some sort of scam, BT wouldn't do that, and I'm not a customer of theirs. Any ideas? I can only think it's the start of a scam and they decide whether to pursue it depending on who answers.
Old 09-04-21, 02:04 PM   #9406
garynortheast
Mega Poster

2hats!! Gardeners' Question Time and Gardeners World have been taken off this afternoon and this evening. Guess what forelock tugging, cap doffing, fawning guff they've decided to replace them with.....

Grrrrr.....
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 02:57 PM   #9407
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
2hats!! Gardeners' Question Time and Gardeners World have been taken off this afternoon and this evening. Guess what forelock tugging, cap doffing, fawning guff they've decided to replace them with.....

Grrrrr.....
I got a status update on WhatsApp from "Delivery" saying "Breaking News!!! Prince Philip is dead!!!"

Apparently everyone got it.

It's being forced on my twitter timeline too.

Like I give a sh!t
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 05:08 PM   #9408
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Really odd phone call this morning. First reaction is always it's a scam, but I don't understand this one, anyone know anything?

9am - Landline call goes (British maybe slightly Welsh accent)
Them - Hello, BT here, we have a customer who is trying to call you but can't get through, we're just checking the line. It's a Mr.A.Parkes, do you know Mr. Parkes?

Me - Ermmm, .......(try to think what they're up to) ........ no.

Them - OK, thanks for that, sorry to take your time.

End.

Weird, must be some sort of scam, BT wouldn't do that, and I'm not a customer of theirs. Any ideas? I can only think it's the start of a scam and they decide whether to pursue it depending on who answers.
Probably a scam of some sort - daughter had something similar on her mobile the other day.
Old 09-04-21, 05:09 PM   #9409
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:

Grrrrr.....
Are we getting a day off for it? That's what I want to know.
Old 09-04-21, 05:43 PM   #9410
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:

Grrrrr.....
It's fascinating how OTT the media react, especially the BBC. Near identical coverage on BBC1,2 and news. The same information constantly being recycled over and over with comments from various reporters stood outside various royal venues speculating over trivia.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk