SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-03-22, 11:03 PM   #1121
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

Drove over to Michell's Fold for a 6 mile run with Mabel to Bromlow Callow and back this morning. Forgot to start the Garmin (again!) for the first half mile. It was pretty warm by the time I got back to the car.

That was my last run before the first event of the year for the hound and me; a 10k at Myddle in Shropshire on Sunday morning.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-22, 01:36 PM   #1122
garynortheast
Mega Poster

My favourite little running event of the year was this morning, the Myddle Muddle 10k.

First half of the route is relatively flat but the second half is rather more challenging! Quite happy with my time over this route. Mabel was a star all the way round. While she wasn't really pulling, she was out in front the whole way.

So glad I went. I nearly didn't go as I was not in a particularly good headspace first thing, and it was cold and foggy too. Much better when I got there and the sun came out, and better still having done the run!
Old 31-03-22, 12:17 PM   #1123
shiftin_gear98

Gary, Elan Valley run looked stunning.
Old 31-03-22, 07:58 PM   #1124
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Gary, Elan Valley run looked stunning.
It is Martin, a fantastic area to run. Mind you, I could say that about a good deal of rural Wales!
Old 04-04-22, 05:36 PM   #1125
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Running the Telford T50 relay challenge again next Sunday, so my running partner and I took the dogs and did a recce run this afternoon. I thought it was a brisk run - 8.41/mi.

That's the fastest I've run 5 miles for a while!
Old 08-04-22, 10:49 AM   #1126
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I've managed, with my usual impeccable timing, to injure my left calf on a run this morning. I'm hoping it'll be recovered for Sunday, when I'm supposed to be running the first two legs of the Telford T50.

I managed the first 4.5 miles without any problem. I stopped to put my jacket into the small pack I was carrying and it was when I started off again that I felt something tighten up in my calf. Cue a 1.5 mile hobble home.
Old 30-04-22, 09:28 AM   #1127
garynortheast
Mega Poster

First run in 3 weeks. I went over to Newtown to do BarkRun, which is a growing group of people who run with dogs and are not allowed to run parkrun while using a waistbelt with their dogs.

I was very happy with my pace of 7.39/mi over the 5k, even more so as it was so long since I last ran. The calf muscle seems to be healed now too.

I ran with Mabel and started with her running with one of my friend's collies, Missy, but we stopped and swapped to the other collie, May. We stopped again a bit further and swapped to run Max the husky with Mabel, as both of the collies kept trying to see where Karen was. Max was much more focussed and ran well with Mabel.
Old 04-05-22, 05:57 PM   #1128
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Out for a run along the canal last night with a friend and all the dogs. We ran the outward three miles and walked back as it was too warm for the dogs.
When I looked at the splits, the first mile I managed a pace of 6.39/mi, with a slightly slower pace for the other two miles. But my bloody ancient Garmin didn't record the outward run properly. My fastest run for ages and no reliable record. Grrr...

Decided it was time to replace my 2010 Forerunner 110. It only cost me £18 about three or four years ago so it owes me nothing.
Just bought this instead.
Garmin 735XT refurbished.
Old 07-05-22, 08:43 PM   #1129
garynortheast
Mega Poster

The "new" Garmin 735XT has arrived. It has zillions of features I'll probably never use but it will do me for the next few years hopefully.

I shall get out on Monday and try it out.
Old 08-05-22, 05:59 PM   #1130
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Damn! Garmin is on it's way back to the seller as the heartrate monitor doesn't work. Just stumped up an extra £30 for another one with a 12 month warranty from a dealer with 100% positive feedback.

Last edited by garynortheast; 08-05-22 at 06:58 PM.