SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-06-22, 11:30 PM   #5911
svenrico

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
The flip side to this post I made in GotD is the housing officer I'm dealing with. She is absolutely brilliant and I can't praise her highly enough.

We've just had a long chat about my housing situation, and while she admits she can't guarantee the outcome because of the way the system works, she is going to push very hard for me to be housed appropriately. She has been homeless herself in the past, went through the hostel scenario with her two young children, and understands completely what I'm saying. We need more like her in these jobs.

Once my situation is sorted I will be writing to the council to remind them of just how much they should be valuing the work of people like her.
I hope it works out for you.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-22, 08:03 AM   #5912
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I hope it works out for you.
Thanks Svenrico.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-22, 04:44 PM   #5913
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
The flip side to this post I made in GotD is the housing officer I'm dealing with. She is absolutely brilliant and I can't praise her highly enough.

We've just had a long chat about my housing situation, and while she admits she can't guarantee the outcome because of the way the system works, she is going to push very hard for me to be housed appropriately. She has been homeless herself in the past, went through the hostel scenario with her two young children, and understands completely what I'm saying. We need more like her in these jobs.

Once my situation is sorted I will be writing to the council to remind them of just how much they should be valuing the work of people like her.
Fingers crossed for you Gary
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-22, 07:08 PM   #5914
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Cheers Mav.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-22, 02:06 PM   #5915
Seeker
Mega Poster

Weather. At the risk of applying a jinx, the weather here on the east coast (Humber estuary) has been good. Farmers are complaining because Lincolnshire generally has only had 30% of its usual rainfall but I'm not - low rainfall means the grass doesn't need cutting as often. We had light rain this morning but the sun is out again and with no showers nearby, I plan on an early evening ride - haven't done that for years.
Old 30-06-22, 11:06 PM   #5916
svenrico

Getting used to my Vulcan 900 classic special edition . No need for fender extender, hugger , mirror extensions or chain oiler ! Doesn't have ABS,gear indicator or rev counter though. Anyway I can ride without discomfort in my knees and seat is fairly comfortable. Ride free.
Old 01-07-22, 08:14 AM   #5917
Seeker
Mega Poster

Assuming you haven't been living in a cave for the last month, you will know that Kate Bush's "Running up that Hill" has been high in the charts because of it being used in "Stranger Things".

So how about more "Wuthering Heights" fans (world wide) than you can shake a stick at?
https://tinyurl.com/ycxebdy5

(for women's charities).

I feel old, I remember it being released in 1978, it can't be 44 years ago.
Old 01-07-22, 11:44 PM   #5918
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Assuming you haven't been living in a cave for the last month, you will know that Kate Bush's "Running up that Hill" has been high in the charts because of it being used in "Stranger Things".

So how about more "Wuthering Heights" fans (world wide) than you can shake a stick at?
https://tinyurl.com/ycxebdy5

(for women's charities).

I feel old, I remember it being released in 1978, it can't be 44 years ago.
Imagine still getting paid for something you did 44 years ago (assuming she gets royalties)
Old 02-07-22, 09:32 AM   #5919
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Imagine still getting paid for something you did 44 years ago (assuming she gets royalties)
She should do - I would expect EMI (her record label) will get royalties from the copyright of the original recording which they will hold, and Kate will get publishing royalties from the song itself (from her publishing company).

The latter is where the real money is: £11 per minute of song played on BBC Radio 1, and more on Radio 2. The publisher obviously takes a percentage, but well-known artists will get the lion's share.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 07:45 PM   #5920
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
She should do - I would expect EMI (her record label) will get royalties from the copyright of the original recording which they will hold, and Kate will get publishing royalties from the song itself (from her publishing company).

The latter is where the real money is: £11 per minute of song played on BBC Radio 1, and more on Radio 2. The publisher obviously takes a percentage, but well-known artists will get the lion's share.
Allegedly, she was earning $250k a week for it last month. Not too shabby.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote