SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old Today, 09:47 AM   #1
Crank090865

Default SV650s R/h fairing removal nd brake lever replacement

My machine blew over in high winds. However, the R/h fairing will need removing and repainting. I have removed the self tapping screw and 4mm Allen bolt at the bottom of the fairing. Removed the 4mm Allen bolt that is in the middle of the fairing. Loosened the 3 x 4mm Allen bolts at the top of the fairing. BUT the panel itself does not feel loose. Are there more fasteners to loosen elsewhere?

I have also got to replace the front brake lever. Is that an easy task.

All said and done. I have got off quite lightly really.

Last edited by Crank090865; Today at 09:48 AM.
Crank090865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #2
glang

Default Re: SV650s R/h fairing removal nd brake lever replacement

If this is the factory fitted lower then mine has a plate with plastic rivets right underneath that joins each side together. You have to pop out the centre pin in each and then the rivet body comes out - quite fiddly actually...
glang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #3
Ruffy

Default Re: SV650s R/h fairing removal nd brake lever replacement

The brake lever should be easy: From memor, take off the lock nut nut he bottom of the piyot bolt the unscrew the pivit bolt itself and the lever will slide out from the housing. Refitting is reverse of removal.

(Can't help you about the faieing because I don't run a faired SV.)
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote