SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-08-10, 06:39 PM   #91
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
me and irksy are putting together a package for you lot to look over , obviously it will take us a while to source things so stay tuned wnd when we have all the info we will see if you lot fancy it
Sounds good to me mate

Chris, if you'd have come to this part of the world for AR09 ("flat & boring" though it is) you'd have known exactly where I was !!!

But seriously, if you have no scamera vans on your favourite routes then you're lucky !!
Old 14-08-10, 07:31 PM   #92
Smudge

Kielder forest has some great roads for large groups. but I agree with Lissa the lakes in the hols is packed and the best roads sight seeing wise are small tracks.
Dave what about round otterburn you must have been there with yar 80.
Old 14-08-10, 07:50 PM   #93
davepreston

yep smudge its one we have been talking about (otterburn) amongst others and we have a few special things in the pipeline
Old 14-08-10, 07:56 PM   #94
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Dave i'll definitely be staying in the loop and will help/ recce if needs be

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 08:00 PM   #95
davepreston

dont worry andy at some stage i'll be putting up a oy! i need people thread and i'll have you on the top of my list, cheers bud
Old 14-08-10, 08:07 PM   #96
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
But seriously, if you have no scamera vans on your favourite routes then you're lucky !!

Where we play a camera van would only get stuck
Where we play there are fewer cars anyway.
And where Chris likes best 'the bus' just manages

Open country roads, twisty ups and downs with dry stone walls, far reaching views, forests...ohhh perfect, only five weeks til playtime again

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 09:19 PM   #97
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post

Also, why don't all the people who fancy a Scottish AR, do the GM? It's well organised, has breath-taking scenery and is very friendly.
Maybe it's because alot of the people who'd like to do the AR don't get time to do that and the GM. Many have kids and/or partners who don't want to attend etc. Getting a weekend pass from the wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend may be ok for one weekend of the year, but two would be pushing it. Some of us also have work commitments that make it awkward.

Also, I see objections to the GM being turned into the AR for just one year only. What is the problem?

The GM guys and girls already organise a well subscribed and damn good by all accounts event run pretty much along the lines of the AR, so the extra people are just that ... extra people. Someone said that it would take away the soul of the GM and that they wouldn't have two rideouts to look forward to. Count yourself bloody lucky matey - some of us were lucky to get to attend just one day of the AR weekend, missed the rideout but rode across England anyway just to say hello and have three beers. Down here we don't get two major rideouts a year to go to, so we cherish the one we do get. It's for one year only, not forever more - you'll have your GM back as normal the next year.

As for the possibility of the GM losing its soul - get a life. It's a rideout, it's what you make of it; if you start with a negative attitude a year beforehand you'll never enjoy it no matter how good it is. The AR is a fantastic event for members from all over the UK (and Appalachia) and the social interaction between members who don't see each other from one AR to the next is what gives it what others might consider 'soul', and anyone who thinks a rideout around Scotland will lose any of its appeal purely because more people are doing it is having delusions.

Trying to keep the GM for just a select few smacks of a whole load of selfishness to me.

Last edited by Lozzo; 14-08-10 at 09:26 PM.
Old 14-08-10, 09:28 PM   #98
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post

Trying to keep the GM for just a select few smacks of a whole load of selfishness to me.
Why is the GM for only a few select peeps? It's well advertised.
Old 14-08-10, 09:29 PM   #99
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Why is the GM for only a few select peeps? It's well advertised.
You didn't read the first paragraph of my post, did you?
Old 14-08-10, 09:51 PM   #100
Ed

*Coughing fit starts*

Shrewsbury and into mid/north Wales via a different route from AR06

Would be very happy to organise with Luckypants (that was well volunteered, Mike) and whip you all into shape

*Coughing fit over*