SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 29-03-09, 05:12 PM   #91
genesismike

Default Re: Wirral egg run 29th March 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Home but my SV is running like a bag of sheeite ......... Did an hour or so overtime at work and then filled her up in Abergele and she was a pig to pull away under 4k , then she seemed to chime in ok , I think I have a misfire on one of my cylinders now
Give me a shout later if you cant sort it. I ll come down and have a look with ya when the mrs gets back
Old 29-03-09, 05:26 PM   #92
xXBADGERXx

I think it was the Idle mate and I have play in my throttle cables , it also doesn`t help having a heated grip that slides on the throttle tube when it`s really warm , set Idle to 1300 rpm now , and just going outside now to sort this play in the cables , first warm day of the year and I suppose they have developed a bit of slack . Anyhoo I`ll make a new thread about this later
Old 29-03-09, 05:35 PM   #93
genesismike

ok. Hope thats it then. You know where i am
Old 29-03-09, 05:43 PM   #94
xXBADGERXx

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...36#post1841836
Have a look here mate , just had a play with her and it`s something Iffy
Old 29-03-09, 07:17 PM   #95
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Great day out, great to meet you all and great experience! (food was great too at the Stanney!)

1st thing I did when I got home was to take my baffle out...my CCC can sounds a lot better now, but not sure it's as nice as Badgers!

Nobbylass enjoyed herself too....she's soaking in the bath now after a long day high fiving people!
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-09, 09:34 PM   #96
DaveP

An absolute cracker... Amazing to be part of the event. Nice to meet yet more of the Border patrol and as always with the usual culprits "twas a right old laugh too!!"

BANG ON!!
Old 29-03-09, 09:37 PM   #97
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Aye a good day folks. As always being part of god knows how many thousands of bikes is pretty amazing! There were so many SVs not part of the ORG though, need to get out recruiting! And amazingly in the middle of those thousands of bikes I stopped next to someone who came on the NW4 rideout! The lass (and her b/f) joined NW4 at Betws-y-Coed petrol station, blue SVS with mohican on her helmet (cannot remember her name) - so if you looking in...... Hiya!

Did n't take many photos, busy riding! but here is what I have from the start

AND THE OBLIGATORY LUNGE!!!

Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-09, 11:43 PM   #98
dav806

Brilliant day out, SV ran like a dream, nice and noisy with the carbon can co exhaust on, much noisier and bettter sounding than the standard system! Looked for y'all but could'nt find you, I got to New Brighton for 9.45 then wandered around taking pics etc, didn't see too many SV's until Clatterbridge 12.45 - 13.45 but still only a handful and none in numbers like the Border Patrol, I did keep looking for Stewies orange Daytona 650 but didn't know whether he got his bike going as not been able to get internet access since last weekend, My 15 year old lad stuck in front of my computer doing his coursework all week - yea likely story! everytime I looked in he was on Facebook!
Old 30-03-09, 08:29 AM   #99
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav806 View Post
Looked for y'all but could'nt find you, I got to New Brighton for 9.45 then wandered around taking pics etc, didn't see too many SV's until Clatterbridge 12.45 - 13.45 but still only a handful and none in numbers like the Border Patrol,
We arrived much later, about 10.30, so were parked right at the bottom of the prom. We were waving madly at every SV that went by, but they all just looked at us daft! I said we really needed an SV650.ORG banner strung across the front of the bikes I really should have taken my SV650.ORG flashcards to hand out to all the non-believers!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-09, 09:26 AM   #100
DaveP

Was only thinking that some tshirts with the Egg Run banner on the front and sv650.org on the back.... Possibly even rope some one into sponsership for them too..... Lets face it... there were lots of eyes looking on yesterday