SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

View Poll Results: Who fancies a new group ?
N Wales / Cheshire only 4 10.53%
N Wales / Cheshire / Staffs / Shropshire / Merseyside 30 78.95%
Keep things as they are 1 2.63%
Dont care either way 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-07, 12:55 PM   #91
stewie

Default Re: New group- N Wales/Cheshire +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
You know that North Wales is actually a number of counties in it's own right, right?

I'd say to keep it pretty viscous. That way, we know what we're doing, but if there's someone from further afield that wants to join in (and is in the area proposed), then a meet could be put near them too.

Variety... spice... yadda yadda... life.
I was waiting for that

Old 27-07-07, 12:57 PM   #92
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
I'm already doing the Liverpool > Macclesfield > Liverpool commute every day :P (although admittedly not always on the bike )

Pete
Lightweight!! That's 44.1 miles. My daily commute is 49miles. Every day I commute, I commute on the bike.

That's why she has 10x the mileage that any regular bike has.

Old 27-07-07, 01:14 PM   #93
Pedro68

Quote:
Lightweight!! That's 44.1 miles. My daily commute is 49miles. Every day I commute, I commute on the bike.

That's why she has 10x the mileage that any regular bike has.
Well door-to-door it's actually 49.9 miles ... so now who's the lightweight?

Ok, admittedly I may be due to the fact that I don't ALWAYS use the bike ... but TBH sometimes I just don't feel like fighting the losing battle against those "right-lane" hoggers and "random lane switchers", and the diesel/mud/sh*t covered Cheshire country roads (especially through Prestbury, which whilst a slightly shorter route, is caked in crap ... and that's not to mention the cobbled stones on a bend I wonder who's bright idea that was?!?)

To be fair, I DID ride pretty much ALL through the winter (apprenticeship served! LOL) - only missed a day of high winds (which ain't much fun down the M62).

Pete

Last edited by Pedro68; 27-07-07 at 01:16 PM.

Old 27-07-07, 01:17 PM   #94
Baph

The 49 miles for my commute is if I use the A55, which is straight line work & squares tyres off. The A5 is an extra 15mins, supposedly.

"Right-lane hoggers" once you're sure are hoggers, are what the left lane was invented for, isn't it?

"Lane switchers" don't like switching lanes when there's a car next to (or either side of) them. Bikes are thin for a reason.

mud/sh*t covered roads, have you ridden in Wales?

Cobbled bends, I'll give you...

Old 27-07-07, 01:26 PM   #95
Pedro68

Quote:
"Right-lane hoggers" once you're sure are hoggers, are what the left lane was invented for, isn't it?
Yes ... indeed and if I wasn't giving it some throttle to get past the feckless idiots, I'd be waving at them as I pulled back out in front of them!

Quote:
"Lane switchers" don't like switching lanes when there's a car next to (or either side of) them. Bikes are thin for a reason.
Well after being an SV sandwich between Mr White Van and Mr Honda Civic Type-R who were DETERMINED not to let me thru (I'm sure I heard their wing mirrors rattling as I blasted thru ) I'd rather not do that again in a hurry ... but if the gaps there, then yeah

Quote:
Only on my DAS (around North Wales) ... and didn't encounter too many roads like that (thankfully!)

Quote:
No thanks - you keep them LOL

Old 27-07-07, 01:28 PM   #96
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Well door-to-door it's actually 49.9 miles ... so now who's the lightweight?

Ok, admittedly I may be due to the fact that I don't ALWAYS use the bike ... but TBH sometimes I just don't feel like fighting the losing battle against those "right-lane" hoggers and "random lane switchers", and the diesel/mud/sh*t covered Cheshire country roads (especially through Prestbury, which whilst a slightly shorter route, is caked in crap ... and that's not to mention the cobbled stones on a bend I wonder who's bright idea that was?!?)

To be fair, I DID ride pretty much ALL through the winter (apprenticeship served! LOL) - only missed a day of high winds (which ain't much fun down the M62).

Pete
Quote:
The 49 miles for my commute is if I use the A55, which is straight line work & squares tyres off. The A5 is an extra 15mins, supposedly.

This a willy waving contest now?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Old 27-07-07, 01:32 PM   #97
Baph

Quote:
Only on my DAS (around North Wales) ... and didn't encounter too many roads like that (thankfully!)
That interests me (not only you living in Liverpool, doing DAS in N Wales), as I only ever see a small handful of schools out on the road. Local Liverpool school or someone further from you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
This a willy waving contest now?
Only if you're playing too big guy.

Old 27-07-07, 01:35 PM   #98
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Spilt me coffee!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Old 27-07-07, 01:38 PM   #99
Pedro68

Quote:
That interests me (not only you living in Liverpool, doing DAS in N Wales), as I only ever see a small handful of schools out on the road. Local Liverpool school or someone further from you?

Well I was living on the Wirral at the time, and chose ProBikeMCT based at Deeside Leisure Centre (and don't mind giving the guys a plug), because they were the most professional looking school in the area (based on internet research only). That and the fact that I used to work at Deeside (Industrial Park), and so I knew a few of the local roads in that area.

They also had the WHOLE of the rear car park available for CBT, unlike some schools that expect you to learn the basics in an area that you daren't fart in!

And ... I'm too much of a gentleman to enter into any "willy waving" contest ... willy shaving? now that's a different matter

Old 27-07-07, 01:39 PM   #100
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Spilt me coffee!
Hopefully not in ya lap, or that's you out!

Closed Thread