SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-09-08, 10:50 PM   #91
ThEGr33k

Default Re: TL Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
isnt that part of being a biker?
You mean completly ignoring logic? No (offence to anyone but) that puts you in the "fool" catagory not biker imo.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 25-09-08 at 10:53 PM.
Old 25-09-08, 10:53 PM   #92
plowsie

So how do you know whether it handles good/bad...?

[A Joke here]If your talking from your short time then thats nothing, I've seen one piccy of you, it must not of done you justice because it looked like you couldn't handle a pencil let alone a TL [/Joke]

Last edited by plowsie; 25-09-08 at 11:23 PM.
Old 25-09-08, 10:57 PM   #93
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
So how do you know whether it handles good/bad...?

If your talking from your short time then thats nothing, I've seen one piccy of you, it must not of done you justice because it looked like you couldn't handle a pencil let alone a TL
It doesnt take much time to realise that they dont handle right. They push wide when you get on the power the throttle is snatchy so you have to be ultra light with it... Not supprising that people had accidents with those two items added together.

No I do have issues handling pencils... They always snap under my lightest touches... just dont know my own strength

Go and try one when you lose the restriction see what you think. If you like it then fair enough, if not then leave it there are easier bikes to make go right.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 25-09-08 at 11:14 PM.
Old 25-09-08, 11:00 PM   #94
Baph

Quote:
Does the law state that because someone has bought a "bigger" bike they have to twist the throttle as far as it will go.I
Yes, yes it does!! I went from a CG125 to the SV, and I didn't change the way I rode... that resulted in a large grin from ear to ear as the front wheel lifted from the floor.

Quote:
call a doctor...Ive just made sense
I would mate, but I've just died of shock myself!!
Old 25-09-08, 11:02 PM   #95
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
You mean completly ignoring logic? No (offence to anyone but) that puts you in the "fool" catagory not biker imo.
And you with "all your years"Are the fountain of knowledge.
To be honest I am sick of your Falco this and Falco that.
Do you need to get out a bit?
Old 25-09-08, 11:09 PM   #96
ThEGr33k

Stuff

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 25-09-08 at 11:17 PM.
Old 25-09-08, 11:10 PM   #97
plowsie

Quote:
It doesnt take much time to realise that they dont handle right. They push wide when you get on the power the throttle is snatchy so you have to be ultra light with it... Not supprising that people had accidents with those two items added together.

No I do have issues handling pencils... They always snap under my lightest touches... just dont know my own strength

I guess you have to be fat to ride a TL is that what you are saying?

Why are you getting personal now anyway?

Go and try one when you lose the restriction see what you think. If you like it then fair enough, if not then leave it there are easier bikes to make go right.
No mate i was actuallyt trying to have a joke with you mate. Funny how you can take the **** but as soon as someone says something to you its a different story.

You forget that I had a CBR600 don't you, 100bhp there, not much power off a tl.
Old 25-09-08, 11:14 PM   #98
ThEGr33k

Quote:
No mate i was actuallyt trying to have a joke with you mate. Funny how you can take the **** but as soon as someone says something to you its a different story.

You forget that I had a CBR600 don't you, 100bhp there, not much power off a tl.
Im sorry. Ill amend that post. Im tired and I wasnt sure... Not slept for 48 hours now (night shift last night...) not a great excuse I know.

I do have issues with pensils though lol

Aye you are right might not be far off. Its not the power of the TL thats the problem mate, its the way its controlled and the way it doesnt handle.

The reason I think sticking with the full powered SV is better is because it handles and is fun...
Old 25-09-08, 11:22 PM   #99
plowsie

Quote:
Im sorry. Ill amend that post. Im tired and I wasnt sure... Not slept for 48 hours now (night shift last night...) not a great excuse I know.

I do have issues with pensils though lol

Aye you are right might not be far off. Its not the power of the TL thats the problem mate, its the way its controlled and the way it doesnt handle.

The reason I think sticking with the full powered SV is better is because it handles and is fun...
Yeah I see your point mate, will ammend mine too.

I've already thought into consideration about how power is delivered compared to an IL4 so in essence it could be completely different. I did however never come off the CBR and that i spose shows the control I could have over such bike. But as said could be completely different on a TL.

And I don't think I will ever shift the SV now as TBH i missed it when i got rid of the last one. I am trying to get this one like that was, GSX-R forks, TL wheel brakes and clip-ons etc. And then once i do get very bored, maybe it might be time to talk to Dangerous Dave about the SV800
Old 25-09-08, 11:24 PM   #100
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Yeah I see your point mate, will ammend mine too.

I've already thought into consideration about how power is delivered compared to an IL4 so in essence it could be completely different. I did however never come off the CBR and that i spose shows the control I could have over such bike. But as said could be completely different on a TL.

And I don't think I will ever shift the SV now as TBH i missed it when i got rid of the last one. I am trying to get this one like that was, GSX-R forks, TL wheel brakes and clip-ons etc. And then once i do get very bored, maybe it might be time to talk to Dangerous Dave about the SV800
Indeed! Id have one of those bad lads for a laugh.

Dont get me wrong man, I dont have a clue how good you are at riding... so dont take any offence if its sounded like I was putting you down I wasnt!