SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-09-10, 11:30 AM   #1001
lily

Default Re: The weight loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
Well so far I have managed to actually put on the 4kg I wanted to take off... so my current weight is 64kg!!!

Not a happy chappy, although I workout at night so I am going to try to shift that to mornings if I can (I´m really not a morning person!).

The good news is that although I am heavier according to the scale, I dont actually look heavier.
Maybe you have put it on as muscle, or the change in your diet has resulted in a weight gain, until your body is use to it, to then lose?!
Old 07-09-10, 11:35 AM   #1002
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Thing is, are people actually happier cos they weigh a bit less ?
Well, I'm happy now anyway, so it will just be a bonus for me.

If you are truly unhappy, then just losing weight won't help you on it's own, but it may give you the confidence boost you need to make other changes in your life.

I'd say, If you're currently unhappy.....the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Lose fat because you want to lose fat, not because you think that by doing so you will magically feel happy.

It's a bl00dy great feeling though
Old 07-09-10, 11:35 AM   #1003
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Maybe you have put it on as muscle, or the change in your diet has resulted in a weight gain, until your body is use to it, to then lose?!
+1 about the muscle. Anna, do you do much resistance/weight work?
Old 07-09-10, 11:51 AM   #1004
anna
Mega Poster

yeh I would say about 50% of my workouts are resistance and weight work, the rest is cardio.

I wanted originally to tone up as well as loose the weight. I am almost at my marker post to compare photos so will see if there is a difference in those and then rethink the diet and strategy. I have only 4 more days before photo day.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 11:51 AM   #1005
stewie

What I meant was,my missus is or was your typical yo-yo dieter she,d lose weight one week and be over the moon, put it on the next and would be depressed, she,s not far off her goal now and is much happier in her outlook on life etc, it means for instance she doesnt shop at Evans anymore and now goes to Next for her clobber, the trouble is because of the society we live in we are judged constantly, so she,s fat, Im a shortar$e, someones ginger etc etc look at the womens mags and its all stick thin models on the cover,totally unrealistic, look at the mens fitness mags and its professional male models on the front, theres this constant pressure on to be something we're not, whether we want to be or not, I sometimes feel guily if I have too much to drink cos I know Ive probably just blown a weeks worth of effort in a few short hours, I shouldnt feel that way but I do, all in all Id say I was happy enough with my weight loss, just cant stand the way people are made to feel worthless unless they fit a certain 'ideal'.
Old 07-09-10, 11:51 AM   #1006
anna
Mega Poster

yeh I would say about 50% of my workouts are resistance and weight work, the rest is cardio.

I wanted originally to tone up as well as loose the weight. I am almost at my marker post to compare photos so will see if there is a difference in those and then rethink the diet and strategy. I have only 4 more days before photo day.
Old 07-09-10, 11:58 AM   #1007
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Stewie - we've all been there and yes, it can make you feel worse and worse every time, but I'm glad you're both in happy places now. My outlook on life is that people will only ever make you feel/treat you the way you allow them to make you feel/treat you. I choose not to let what other people think bother me. It's easier said that done and sometimes I fail and get upset, but always dust myself off and carry on. That's life, you just have to keep carrying on.

Anna, I would imagine that with that much resistance work the weight gain is just muscle mass increase, no lack of fat loss. Muscle mass increase is great for a number of reasons. You're didn't look in the slightests bit overweight when you were here....you looked a great size/shape!
Old 07-09-10, 12:16 PM   #1008
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
, it means for instance she doesnt shop at Evans anymore and now goes to Next for her clobber, the trouble is because of the society we live in we are judged constantly, so she,s fat, Im a shortar$e, someones ginger etc etc look at the womens mags and its all stick thin models on the cover,totally unrealistic, look at the mens fitness mags and its professional male models on the front, theres this constant pressure on to be something we're not, whether we want to be or not, I sometimes feel guily if I have too much to drink cos I know Ive probably just blown a weeks worth of effort in a few short hours, I shouldnt feel that way but I do, all in all Id say I was happy enough with my weight loss, just cant stand the way people are made to feel worthless unless they fit a certain 'ideal'.
Well that's the thing - I'd love to look like peter andre but I don't have a multi-million pound contract from a record company/modelling etc.. which stipulates I have to be in the gym for 16 hours a week. If I was paid via that sort of arrangement and I had to be fit & beautiful then I'm sure I'd be on the front of magazines too.. I guess it's just a case of how much you buy into pictures in glossy magazines.

Like I say, I'd be happy just to get some quirky looking clothes to fit without looking silly. The magazines can whistle for all I care

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 12:23 PM   #1009
lily

Stewie I think hoe much air brushing goes on now, people need to learn to take magazine pictures as fake, because the only ones which aren't are the papped ones! I have an image in my head of what I want to look like, I know I will never be stick thin like the magazines because I have hips which are wide and will never change that.

The whole magazine and glossy photos image is wrong, and causes problems with people thinking that's what they should look like. Just sometimes wish they would use average size people and not airbrush any of the pictures to show its ok to have a couple of spots and small love handles etc
Old 07-09-10, 12:24 PM   #1010
anna
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post

Anna, I would imagine that with that much resistance work the weight gain is just muscle mass increase, no lack of fat loss. Muscle mass increase is great for a number of reasons. You're didn't look in the slightests bit overweight when you were here....you looked a great size/shape!
Most likely it is muscle increase, the photos should give me a better picture of where the increase is. It was never about being overweight to me, just toning up and keeping fit.

I put on a lot of weight when I first moved out here again happy fat combined with suddenly not working. I went from a very very physical job to doing nothing all day, obviously that meant an increase in weight and no longer being able to fit into clothing.

I think going back to what I was before moving here is not only unrealistic but also not very healthy for me, but I do need to shift the shape a little around to make sure it isnt being stored in sadlebags