SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-06, 07:44 AM   #1021
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
It was then in itself a massive display of respect to Loris and both hammed it up brilliantly when Loris decided to sit on Valentino's knee.
Ah right. whatever the reason it was p*ss funny.

Talking of prangs did you see the accident in the WSS race yesterday

The motogp race was brilliant yesterday, one of the guys in my office who doesnt normally watch bike racing watched it yesterday he's raving about it he said why can't F1 be like that.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 11-09-06, 09:13 AM   #1022
PeterM

Bloody great racing all 'round. Was amazed at TB in WSB race 1 to come back like that after going down once and running off again after that.

Great MotoGP race too (how about that 125 crash!)

I am sooo looking forward to next week. Turn one at Phillip Island, here I come!

Old 11-09-06, 09:23 AM   #1023
Peter Henry

Hey PeterM..have a word with your weather God's to warm things up a little will you? We need warm temps for Loris's Bridgestone's to allow him to go play with Valentino again!

Old 11-09-06, 12:18 PM   #1024
M65

Did anyone see the enourmous crash this weekend at Lausitz (I think)?

Old 11-09-06, 01:39 PM   #1025
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M65
Do you mean the WSS one, if so yes. It looked nasty.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 11-09-06, 03:39 PM   #1026
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Watch out for video clips of the crash in the 125 race! So ugly! Pasini highsided on the exit of a left hander which left his bike in the middle of the track. A group of riders came out of the turn and one of them hit the fallen bike smack on. This caused his bike to flip over a bit like a stoppie gone wrong....hurling the rider upwards and forwards in a real ugly way. I believe he broke his femur among other injuries.
One of the really nasty things about it is that Pasini shouldn't have even been in that position anyway !!

If he hadn't cheated and assumed his pre-incident grid position (after a trip to the pits during the sighting lap) then the accident may well have still occurred but poor bl**dy Iannone wouldn't have been involved - personally, I think he should have been black flagged not just called in for a 'ride-through'.

I understand that it is in everyone's interests to keep as many riders on the track as possible - but, when either riders or teams (who knows who's idea it was for him to ignore the rules) are going to blatantly break the rules a seriously harsh penalty needs to be invoked.
Old 11-09-06, 03:42 PM   #1027
M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by M65
Do you mean the WSS one, if so yes. It looked nasty.
Yes, thats the one. Fuel everywhere, flame engulfed bikes skittling down the track and some bikes seemingly ripped in half. Nasty indeed. Now, where can I download the footage from?!

Old 11-09-06, 03:55 PM   #1028
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox
Quote:
Watch out for video clips of the crash in the 125 race! So ugly! Pasini highsided on the exit of a left hander which left his bike in the middle of the track. A group of riders came out of the turn and one of them hit the fallen bike smack on. This caused his bike to flip over a bit like a stoppie gone wrong....hurling the rider upwards and forwards in a real ugly way. I believe he broke his femur among other injuries.
One of the really nasty things about it is that Pasini shouldn't have even been in that position anyway !!

If he hadn't cheated and assumed his pre-incident grid position (after a trip to the pits during the sighting lap) then the accident may well have still occurred but poor bl**dy Iannone wouldn't have been involved - personally, I think he should have been black flagged not just called in for a 'ride-through'.

I understand that it is in everyone's interests to keep as many riders on the track as possible - but, when either riders or teams (who knows who's idea it was for him to ignore the rules) are going to blatantly break the rules a seriously harsh penalty needs to be invoked.
Cheating? What happened?

Old 11-09-06, 04:49 PM   #1029
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox
Quote:

Cheating? What happened?
Mattia Pasini failed to complete the sighting lap - but then proceeded to take his 'normal' grid position.

The rules state that if, for whatever reason, a rider does not complete the sighting lap on the bike he started with, then he MUST start the race from pitlane.

Pasini clearly failed to adhere to this rule - he was called in for a ride-through penalty - but unfortunately crashed out before his 3 laps were up.

It was this accident in which Andrea Iannone got caught up - Pasini's bike was lying on the track (no way for marshals to get to it) many riders managed to file past either side - unfortunately Iannone wasn't one of them - ploughed staright into it, went headfirst over his bars and landed smack on his backside before rolling further down the track.
Old 11-09-06, 06:24 PM   #1030
Peter Henry

I think it is safe to talk in details about yesterday's superb Moto GP race don't you think peeps? Go on then who's gonna start the ball rolling? Hayden looks as safe as The Bank of England for champ to me?

Closed Thread