SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-03-13, 06:09 PM   #1071
pookie

Default Re: F1 Racing Thread

Webber has it spot on when he says it will put some pressure on certain people. I guess management. But I feel more for Rocky his race engineer.

I found it quite interesting to see the contrasting management styles between red bull and mercedes.
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 06:11 PM   #1072
Specialone

I agree with britney, they should be allowed to race but, if they had collided and both lost a podium, it could cost them dearly, it's massive money were talking about here not club racing at Mallory.

So, I can see both sides but i still think seb should've done what his employers told him to, but it's the team I blame for giving the order in the first place.

Schumacher would've done exactly same thing in his heyday without a doubt.
Old 25-03-13, 07:20 PM   #1073
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

It mainly reiterates my opinion of Vettel being a greasy, slime bag, little ****. Show boating as he came across the line too. I'm all for the right to race, but Webber had helped Vettel in the past so there's no fairness or parity there.

Webber had also been told to tone it down so he probably did. Had he been told they were racing till the end i reckon he'd have kept the win. Vettel was just sneaky IMO.
Old 25-03-13, 07:26 PM   #1074
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Schumacher would've done exactly same thing in his heyday without a doubt.
Show me a World Drivers Champion that wouldn't. Its part of their makeup, in order to win you must do so at all costs and be ruthless about it. Nice guys dont Win World Championships.

It doesn't make it right, but there you go.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-13, 09:40 PM   #1075
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Moss missed out on a World Championship by 'doing the decent thing' - something that has virtually disappeared from every aspect in life.
Old 25-03-13, 09:44 PM   #1076
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTommyH View Post
It's a team sport. RBR are entitled to ask their drivers to do what they want, within the rules, to get the best team result. Not expecting them to act as a team would be similar to not expecting Chris Froome to wait for Wiggo in last years TDF (IMHO) - it's within the rules at the moment therefore fair play.

The problem is more to do with how those two get on, and where SV may need MW later in the season to hold someone up. Personally if I was MW I would have walked into the waiting room, picked up SVs helmet and smashed it against the wall. Having said that, he knew that, despite what they say publicly, SV is their number one driver and thats probably why he only signed for another year. He said it all in the podium interview "sebs done what he wants and will get protection".
Are we all still happy to have SV as part of the forum's title?
And who the hell is the flunky who gives the drivers their watches after the race?
Old 26-03-13, 08:06 AM   #1077
Skybaba

Default F1 Racing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
seems to me that Webber was significantly more professional on the day though, and after a perhaps understandable fight back decided that what was best for all concerned wasn't making two piles of expensive carbon dust........
I've got to agree.
You could feel a bad taste in Webber's mouth after the race. I think he felt he'd been in that position too many times.

It's quite possible that RBR knew that SV wouldn't honour "team orders", but MW on the other hand would.
Old 26-03-13, 11:18 AM   #1078
dirtyred619

I think this sums it up for me!!!

Old 26-03-13, 12:12 PM   #1079
Owenski

Outsider looking in.
I'm familiar with F1 but I'd never say I followed it, but this weekend did come to my attention and I've got so say its sucky that vettal did what he did.
If team orders were to get a lead and hold it and webber had turned down his engine to save the lump and the rubber then vettal should have caught him and then held as per his orders, end of.

The fact he passed (wrecklessly) suggests to me he doesnt care for his team, he's in it for himself. I fully apprechiate the desire to win etc but you cant expect to have it your way when it suits but then others to pull you along when you're struggling. I fully think Webber now has a get out of jail free card and I hope he plays it when it matters to further stick it to seb.
Old 26-03-13, 06:35 PM   #1080
AJC

Hmm I dont have much of a problem with what Vettel did. I have much more of a problem sitting watching the last 15 laps (around 25mins) of a grand prix where the top 4 positions are decided, and no more racing will take place.

Vettel has a massive will to win obviously, he saw those extra 7 points and knew they could mean much more later in the season (check out the margin he won by last season). Vettel has been consistently the better finisher/qualifier which for me means for me he should get precedent and he wouldn't be as succesful for himself AND the team if he didn't have the will to win. However I believe team orders this early in the season are farcical frankly, fair play if around 6 races from the end Webber was better this season and Vettel took him out/overtook, and took away valuable points when told to stay behind that would be a far bigger issue.

Oh and Webber is being pretty hypocritical for a guy that has done similar in the past and quoted he would always go for the win...