SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-06, 08:22 PM   #1081
Peter Henry

Jordan...You obviously have not been keeping a close watch on Marco this season? He has had no end of problems with his bike. So much so that it is widely viewed that the frame the KR Team cobbled together is so much better than what Marco has been handed by HRC out of the scrap box!

Baring that in mind the results he has obtained have been superb to my mind. Let's not forget that the satellite teams always lag behind the HRC bikes, it's their policy that no satellite team should be stronger or as strong as their main bikes. Fact.

He is lucky to have possibly the highest degree of natural talent(behind Valentino) to have performed as well as he has.(Just compare what his team mate Toni Elias has managed on the same bike? Toni is very good, but he aint no Marco Melandri!)

Old 18-09-06, 08:28 PM   #1082
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Jordan...You obviously have not been keeping a close watch on Marco this season? He has had no end of problems with his bike this season. So much so that it is widely viewed that the frame the KR Team cobbled together is so much better than what Marco has been handed by HRC out of the scrap box!

Baring that in mind the results he has obtained have been superb to my mind. Let's not forget that the satellite teams always lag behind the HRC bikes, it's their policy that no satellite team should be stronger or as strong as their main bikes. Fact.
Well he's won more races than the championship leader, and a satallite team came close to winning in 2004...

Old 18-09-06, 08:33 PM   #1083
Peter Henry

He,he Jordan totally correct! And last year also and who was that rider in 2005....Marco Melandri! I think in truth when Movistar pulled the plug, many of the mechanics from the Gresini team shipped out and so maybe the skills to work around the probs simply are not there.

I think Honda's arrogance at them believing that they without a doubt have the best bike out there and anyone should win on their bike,is what creates a lot of the ill feeling.

There is just nothing between the Yamaha,Honda or Ducati these days and so often it can boil down to the tyre deal you have struck...ask Loris! Boy have Bridgestone cost him these past 3 seasons!

Old 18-09-06, 11:12 PM   #1084
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Super..Good on you mate! I know your thinly disguised message means you are expecting two Ducati's on the podium at Motegi? Good man!
Peter you naughty boy - that's NOT exactly what I meant !! :P

I was thinking more along the lines of 1 or 2 Honda's (depending on Dani's physical well being & mental strength) plus the possibility of Tamada or Nakano in the mix as well

As for your other statement :-

Quote:
Let's not forget that the satellite teams always lag behind the HRC bikes, it's their policy that no satellite team should be stronger or as strong as their main bikes. Fact.
Erm, do you think that someone ought to explain to Johnny Rea that his Red Bull (factory assisted) Fireblade shouldn't be mixing it up with Ryo's or Karl's HM Plant / HRC bikes ??

Now THERE'S a British kid I would LOVE to see go to MotoGP sometime in the future - 2008/09 after he's won BSB a couple of times ?
Old 19-09-06, 07:27 AM   #1085
Peter Henry

He.he come on this had to be the highlight of Sunday's Moto Gp race.....Marco smokin it out of the last turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQWYienwhkk

Old 19-09-06, 12:21 PM   #1086
SVeeedy Gonzales

Forgot to mention - Haydens kamikaze exit from the pit lane, nearly taking himself and another rider out because he didn't bother checking if anyone was coming, almost cost him (and whoever he nearly took out) their shot at the title too...

Nutter!

Old 19-09-06, 12:37 PM   #1087
M65

I keep watching Melandri coming around the last bend on YouTube. Man, that was amazing!

Old 19-09-06, 02:04 PM   #1088
Filipe M.

Quote:
He.he come on this had to be the highlight of Sunday's Moto Gp race.....Marco smokin it out of the last turn.

F*****' awesome. F*****' brilliant. When I grow up I want to know how to do that. 'nuff said.

Old 19-09-06, 04:14 PM   #1089
kwak zzr

Quote:

one handed crossed up with the rear smoking brilliant!

Old 20-09-06, 10:21 AM   #1090
Peter Henry

So the new boys on the Moto GP street, ILMOR get to run their 800cc prototype via wildcard entries in both the Estoril and Valencia races in a couple of weeks. They are not expecting them to be up with the leaders but I suggest it will be invaluable development track time for them.

Also having already signed up Gary McCoy,(Slide King!) maybe Marco will have some competition in the tyre smoking contest as Gary can sure slide a bike around,(and bin 'em!)

Good luck to the new team I say!

Closed Thread