SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-04-09, 08:19 PM   #101
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: G20 Protests

Mass protest is actually a very effective way of making the powers that be listen.It may not appear to change things overnight but its the one thing they are really scared of,hence the heavy handed tactics to suppress it.Politicians the world over hate crowds of underlings.Look what happened to Marcos and Spidis old mucca the Shah of Iran.History is littered with examples of just how effective mass protest is.
Old 15-04-09, 09:36 PM   #102
gettin2dizzy

Any man who thinks hitting a woman across the face for shouting abuse at you needs to man-up.

Interesting that CCTV footage should happen to 'appear' after they denied it.

Is it now the norm for the police to just lie through their teeth? Like the DNA database? Like the purpose of ID cards? Like the contact with the newspaper vendor?
Old 15-04-09, 10:09 PM   #103
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
Any man who thinks hitting a woman across the face for shouting abuse at you needs to man-up.

Interesting that CCTV footage should happen to 'appear' after they denied it.

Is it now the norm for the police to just lie through their teeth? Like the DNA database? Like the purpose of ID cards? Like the contact with the newspaper vendor?
Oh for gods sake grow up. You're not a cast member from The Young Ones.

The world is not always fair, people die because they don't have food or clothing, that's the way life is in third world countries, ok. You shouting about it in a big gang is not going to change things, but go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself. If you really want to make a change, get off your fat ar5es and give up your lovely well paid jobs that put a roof over your heads and pay for motorbiles and 500 channels of digital tv and go to Africa and help the people who need it most instead. Personally I won't, because I'm selfish and I love my life the way it is without sharing any of my wealth with people I don't have any affiliation to or care about.

We live in a civilised society, occasionally a group of people decide that society isn't being run the way they want it to be run and so they make a big fuss about it. Of those few people some are trouble makers and they are prone to getting justified police action taken against them. You may think it's brutality, but when you consider the amount of abuse the average copper takes during his or her career, it's a piddling amount.

It's high time the general public were more respectful of the same people we rely on to keep this society as low-crime as it is. If one of them gives a woman a backhander, then you can 99% guarantee that she deserved it. as I said earlier, it was ok for her to get in the copper's face and hassle him, but everyone moans like hell when the copper finally gives her a baton swipe across the legs on the third attempt to get her to move away.

Maybe we should be asking who the hell the woman was, so she can be identified and prosecuted for inciting violence and rioting. There's nothing annoys me more than left wing, lentil knitting rabble rousers screaming Police brutality when someone who should have been arrested in any other circumstances gets a perfectly justified dealing with.
Old 15-04-09, 10:11 PM   #104
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
. If one of them gives a woman a backhander, then you can 99% guarantee that she deserved it. as I said earlier, it was ok for her to get in the copper's face and hassle him, but everyone moans like hell when the copper finally gives her a baton swipe across the legs on the third attempt to get her to move away.
You're my hero
Old 15-04-09, 10:12 PM   #105
Lozzo

Quote:
You're my hero
I have as little respect for your views as you do for our police force
Old 15-04-09, 10:17 PM   #106
simesb

Quote:
If you really want to make a change, get off your fat ar5es and give up your lovely well paid jobs that put a roof over your heads and pay for motorbiles and 500 channels of digital tv and go to Africa and help the people who need it most instead.
What a fatuous argument. Don't protest because there is somebody worse off than yourself? But presumably don't do it as a crowd because, as you say, protest never changes anything?
Old 15-04-09, 10:25 PM   #107
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
I have as little respect for your views as you do for our police force

Quote:
Oh for gods sake grow up. You're not a cast member from The Young Ones.

The world is not always fair, people die because they don't have food or clothing, that's the way life is in third world countries, ok. You shouting about it in a big gang is not going to change things, but go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself. If you really want to make a change, get off your fat ar5es and give up your lovely well paid jobs that put a roof over your heads and pay for motorbiles and 500 channels of digital tv and go to Africa and help the people who need it most instead. Personally I won't, because I'm selfish and I love my life the way it is without sharing any of my wealth with people I don't have any affiliation to or care about.

We live in a civilised society, occasionally a group of people decide that society isn't being run the way they want it to be run and so they make a big fuss about it. Of those few people some are trouble makers and they are prone to getting justified police action taken against them. You may think it's brutality, but when you consider the amount of abuse the average copper takes during his or her career, it's a piddling amount.

It's high time the general public were more respectful of the same people we rely on to keep this society as low-crime as it is. If one of them gives a woman a backhander, then you can 99% guarantee that she deserved it. as I said earlier, it was ok for her to get in the copper's face and hassle him, but everyone moans like hell when the copper finally gives her a baton swipe across the legs on the third attempt to get her to move away.

Maybe we should be asking who the hell the woman was, so she can be identified and prosecuted for inciting violence and rioting. There's nothing annoys me more than left wing, lentil knitting rabble rousers screaming Police brutality when someone who should have been arrested in any other circumstances gets a perfectly justified dealing with.
Yes, I'll turn a blind eye to the odd policeman giving a bit of rough treatment to a re offending chav; that's entirely a different situation to this one here.

The police knew they would be there, they knew they would be protesting, and they're staffed and equipped to a level most countries would be proud of.
The method of rounding up a whole section of Britains largest city and dishing out beatings to anyone who wanted to go home is just a demonstration of the absolute comtempt that the police force has for the public.

Blaming 'left wing lenting kniting rabble rousers' for wanting to demonstrate their unhappiness in to being given someone elses debt around their neck for their whole life, is hardly left wing politics. And blaming her for wanting her voice heard, is not an excuse for a grown man of power, to beat a defenceless woman.
Old 15-04-09, 10:29 PM   #108
Lozzo

Quote:

Blaming 'left wing lenting kniting rabble rousers' for wanting to demonstrate their unhappiness in to being given someone elses debt around their neck for their whole life, is hardly left wing politics. And blaming her for wanting her voice heard, is not an excuse for a grown man of power, to beat a defenceless woman.
When you've grown up a bit you'll understand a bit better, but as you're still a snot-nosed kid you've a long way to go.
Old 15-04-09, 10:30 PM   #109
simesb

Quote:
When you've grown up a bit you'll understand a bit better, but as you're still a snot-nosed kid you've a long way to go.
Another failure to argue like an adult - I'm older so know better?
Old 15-04-09, 10:32 PM   #110
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Thanks. Who knows, I could be a baton wielding cop by then